Chapter 15

This chapter is dedicated to  @MariaDracula for staying with my story from the very start! Thank you so much girl!

***

Anvesha:

I made my way through the crowds of people, away from the person who was intent on making my life more difficult than it already way.

My father was waiting in the car with his driver at a faraway place from here. I had come with him to the market. He didn't want to bring the car here in between the market because he was sure people would start to gawk at his car and that would make him uncomfortable.

My father didn't talk to me after yesterday. His words...they had a huge impact on me. I felt very vulnerable. That is why I was almost going to cry when that man Alexander said those cruel words.

I don't understand this. Why is that wherever I go, an encounter with him is supposed to happen? Be it at King's, be it the forest or be it this darned market. Everytime—

"Anv-Miss wait!" I heard someone shout behind me. But I didn't stop because I knew whom the voice belonged to. I didn't want to stop at all.

I instead fastened my pace and took an abrupt turn in an empty alley between two shops. No one was there other than garbage and flies. I prayed that he didn't follow me.

Please don't come. Please don't co—

"Why are...you running...away?" NO! He found me. I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

The British man's hair was disheveled from the wind and he was panting like a thirsty dog. For the first time I noticed that he was holding a case in his hand.

I stood there, with my arms crossed in front of me. Just moments ago he insulted me and now he had an audacity to ask why was I running away from him?

This man was highly delusional.

The man suddenly looked up from his bent up position. I noticed that his eyebrows were scrunched up and he had a scowl etched on his face. He looked exasperated.

I also noticed how handsome he looked, and quickly shut my mind because I had no right to thing that.

But why then when I saw him in the market, my heart literally skipped a beat?

Because trouble makes your heart go in a state of shock. That's why!

Before I could say anything, he opened his mouth to speak. "I have something that belongs to you."

Huh? How could he have something that belonged to me?

I gave him a skeptical look and when he looked at me, he shook his head as if I was a stubborn child. He bent lower on the ground and opened his case.

He pulled out a green and blue satin—OH MY GOD! It was my carry bag!

I sucked in a deep breath and ran towards him. With a very unladylike style, I snatched the bag from his hands and cradled it like a baby.

I remembered when I had found out yesterday that I had lost it. After hearing my father's words, I found out that the only that I had left of my mother was lost. I felt so crushed and hopeless at that time. But now, with the bag in my hand, I felt like my soul was connected with my mother again.

"Why did you have to snatch it? I had stopped you to return the bag, not eat it in front of you", the boy I had forgotten about said in a slightly vexed tone.

My eyes widened with realization that he was the person who found my bag. A slight feeling of guilt spread in my chest for snatching it like a hungry person from him...when he was here just to return it back to me.