Chapter 30

Alexander-

I wanted to do something. I desperately wanted to. I couldn't be just sitting in this ship compartment, leaving her after she had said those words to me.

I love you, she had mouthed. It was too surreal for me to believe her. But I knew she was saying the truth. The tears were dripping down her face and it felt like an intense agony had been thrown onto her and all I wanted to do was embrace her, telling her that everything was going to be okay.

But it was not okay.

My father and mother were talking to each other in hushed voices. Matthew and Jordan sat silently beside me, with Matt staring at the ceiling and Jordan in deep thought.

My body felt antsy.

I got up suddenly and walked towards my father. I knew he wouldn't want to talk to me, but I needed to try one last time to convince him to let me stay.

"Father, can we please talk?" His hooded eyes shifted towards me. They were blank. I knew that this man didn't feel any remorse for doing this to me.

"Son, what is there left to talk?" He said in a sarcastic manner, one that urged me to remind myself that he was my father.

I shut my eyes tightly. "Please."

Bowing down towards my father was not something I was proud of doing. But this was my last chance.

My father raised a bushy eyebrow then urged for me to follow him. We stood in the hallway of the many ship compartments.

"Father, please let me stay. Please. This is the last thing I will ask of you." I said to him. Or more like begged him.

His green eyes flashed with something chilling. He then came forward and grabbed my by my collars. "Do you realize what you did yesterday? You ruined my reputation in from of everyone!"

I swallowed my pride and said the next words, "I will apologize to everyone, publicly."

He pushed me and said, "Oh no Son, you've done too much already."

I closed my eyes and breathed in. It was hard to, for all I was seeing was red. Yet in a calm voice I said, "Father, for once just act like a real father and not a council member of the British who needed everything in control, everything in his hands."

My father huffed loudly and let out a laugh, "I don't act like a father? All the riches I give you and this is how you repay me?"

I couldn't take it anymore, "Riches? Is that all a son needs drom his father?! There's a feeling called love and a feeling called care, which you as a father failed to give me!"

He opened his mouth to utter some excuse, his eyes almost black, but I didn't let him as I continued to shout at him. "Did you ever ask me if I wanted to marry her? No! You did not. Because that's all you do! Force your will on me and my mother. First you brought me to India, forced me to leave my mother and my life behind. And now, you're forcing me to leave India just because your so called reputation was ruined!" I was breathing hard by the end. I felt the urge to punch this man who called himself my father in the face.

His eyes suddenly widened as he pushed me away. Suddenly, my mother, Matthew and Jordan came rushing towards us. They had realized that something was wrong.

My mother went towards my father, trying to calm him down.

I clenched my jaw and tightened my fists, but didn't say a word as a feeling of anguish overcame me. I knew I had ruined all the chances of me staying here.