Chapter 6

A/N:-

I apologize to you for the "discontinue" message before. I honestly wasn't feeling like continuing this story at that time, but now I feel like doing it. Sorry again.

***

Alex:

I walked back to the officer's headquarters, thinking about the absolute foolishness of mine. What was I thinking? I was supposed to act "friends" with her, but the challenging look that her eyes held, really made me lose my temper.

I won't deny she is different. Different from all the Indian women I've seen till now. She isn't afraid of anybody. She likes to roam around freely, without the accompaniment of anybody (I know that because whenever I see her, she is alone). She takes stand for what's wrong. She doesn't hide away.

And I won't even deny that she is beautiful; very beautiful actually. She has thick brown-black hair which seems to cascade down her back in a beautiful braid. Her oval face is a sight to sore eyes. She has eyes the shade of almonds and color so deep, you would feel like just staring at them. Her brows are shaped to perfection around her eyes and she has those rosy lips, which looked so soft that I...What in the name of God am I thinking?

I reached the headquarters' doors. The sky was getting darker by that time. As I entered the apartments, I saw Jordan and Matthew playing something with a deck of cards.

"Friend, where were you?" Jordan said to me, without taking his eyes off his cards. We didn't have college today, due to some religious festival holiday.

"It's none of your business." I answered, nonchalantly.

"Whoa...what did you eat in the afternoon? A bowl full of chilies?" He said. "Wait, wait...did you bump into her again?"

I sighed heavily. Then I began to explain what I had decided to do and what happened in the afternoon. Matthew watched me with an unknown expression (not a happy one, must I add), while Jordon looked disgusted and amused at the same time.

"What?" I asked Jordan.

"You are trying to insult someone, by starting a friendship with them?" Jordan said, his expression looked like it said 'REALLY?!'

Okay, I know this wasn't the best idea but...but...I don't know, I just feel like it's right. Why? God knows why.

I shook my head and jumped on the bed. The room was plain; plain white walls, a wooden almirah and bed. But somehow, it gave away a comforting vibe.

I looked at both of my friends. They were pretty busy playing a heated game of bluff. I took of my shoes and got under the bed covers. Soon I drifted off to sleep.

...

I woke up to the sound of doors opening and closing. Matthew had a towel in hand while Jordan was fast asleep on his bed.