Line

Sunday came and I went to church. It's part of every Filipino's life to go to church every Sunday. For me, it's more of a lifestyle so I never miss it. However, every Sunday afternoon is always boring.

What do I do today?

Every Sunday after church, my mom goes home and takes the rest of the day off, my sister hangs out with her friends, and I'm stuck between going home or going out. Well, since I spent most of my money during the amusement park trip, I just decided to go home and watch a movie.

When I got home, I received a WhatsApp message.

Jonny: Master, let's go out today. :))
Me: No
Jonny: But why????
Me: I'm poor right now
Jonny: I'll take care of everything
Me: Next time, I'm chillin right now

I wasn't really in the mood to go out that afternoon, so I just watched a movie, went to the gym and took a nap. When I woke up, it was 7pm.

One thing was weird when I woke up; I saw a Line message. It might not be weird for other people but it is for me. The only person I receive Line messages from is my mom, and I was with her the whole day. Well, I opened it and, it might be predictable but it's from Eve.

I slapped myself just to make sure I was actually awake. I got hurt, which only meant that it wasn't a dream.

Eve: Hey Kyle! You were in my Line contacts. Thx for yesterday! :))
Me: Hey Eve. Yeah no problem

Her message was sent around 6:30, so I doubted she would reply, besides, my response killed the momentum. However, unexpectedly, she did.

Eve: Let's do it again!!
Me: Yeah, I'll tell the others tmr
Eve: Okay!! so, what did you do today?

I was surprised when she asked me that. I mean, why would she do that? All I could ever think of is that she doesn't want to end the conversation. Well, at least I was hoping that that was the case. I also didn't want it to end, so I replied as fast as I could.

Me: Nothing much, went to church and stayed home. You?
Eve: Man!! That's what happened to me too!! XD
Me: What are the odds? Haha
Me: So, are you ready for tomorrow?
Eve: Yeah!! I'm excited to see you guys!! :D
Me: I hope you're ready to face Riley too. Haha
Eve: What? Why?
Me: Well, he's not really the nicest teacher out there.
Eve: Haha!! I know him, so it's okay!! XD
Me: No you don't. You haven't even been to his class before
Eve: But I do know him. He's a friend of my dad. XD
Me: What?! But but but. . . . . how?

That was an eye opening message. Literally. I mean, I was still drowsy when we were chatting, but that made me awake.

Eve: Well, he's Australian right? My dad worked in Australia for a few years before he went to USA and met my mom there. :))
Me: So that's you were so familiar with him during the first day.
Me: Were you close?
Eve: Somewhat. I mean, Riley is one of my dad's closest friend.
Eve: He was the one who recommended this university to me. XD

I should probably thank Riley for recommending this university to Eve, but not now, maybe someday.

Me: Wow. That's cool. This is the first time I've heard of it.
Eve: Cause you never asked. XD
Me: Cause I never thought of it like that.
Eve: Cause you never asked. XD
Me: Right. XD

I'm gonna cut the story here. The conversation went on until 2am though. We talked about a lot of stuff. Slowly but surely, I got to know Eve more and more.

That night brought us closer to each other. Of course, I didn't tell her that I had a crush on her that night, but because I knew her more, I had more things to like about her. Later on, that infatuation became love, and it wasn't one sided anymore.

To be continued. . .