Let's Get One Thing Straight: I'm Not {6}

I sat in my room listening to Make It Stop by Rise Against as mom and dad screamed from downstairs. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. The lyrics of this song hit me hard, especially after the bullying I’d endured for being gay.

                Think back to the days we laughed.
We braved these bitter storms together.
Brought to his knees he cried,
But on his feet he died.

What God would damn a heart?
And what God drove us apart?

What God could make it stop?
Let this end.
Eighteen years pushed to the ledge.
It's come to this,
A weightless step.
On the way down singing,
Woah, woah.

I sighed as I wondered what Noah was doing. How he was doing. Did he miss me at all? Did he honestly think we could go back to being friends so easily? Noah…

                                      ***Noah’s POV***

                I shut my front door after getting home from another date with Mickey. I slipped off my shoes and made my way into the kitchen.

                “Hey Noah,” dad greeted as he rummaged through the fridge for food. “Hi dad. Hand me an Arnold Palmer?” He tossed me a can and I thanked him before heading up to my room.

                “Noah!” I turned to face Sasha as she came out of her room. “We need to talk little brother,” she said. I shrugged as I opened my bedroom door and let her in. “Sure.”

                “You cheated on Max,” she said the second I closed my door. I rolled my eyes at her. “No I didn’t Sasha! I was just exploring my options.” “Cheating,” she corrected, giving me an accusing glare.

                She sighed and sat on my bed. “Noah, you’ve done this to a lot of people you’ve dated. Almost all of them. But Max is where I draw the line. He didn’t deserve that. He’s been your best friend for years and he’s always gone out of his way to make you happy. Why would you do this to him? Do you know how much it’s going to hurt him?”

                I shook my head. “It won’t hurt him. We dated for a long time!” “3 months isn’t a long time Noah. Maybe that’s a long time for you, but that’s nothing for most people.”

                She began to twirl her hair around her finger. “Noah, this is going to make things so awkward for you guys. You told him you were in love with him and then you kissed someone else and dumped him. It’s just wrong,” she said quietly.

                My cell buzzed and I checked the text. “Whatever. I’m going out. See ya later Sasha,” I said before quickly leaving my room. “I’m going out dad!” I called before heading outside to meet up with my friend Landon.

                I had a lot of friends; I just mostly stuck with Max, Pierce, and Owen because I had been friends with them the longest.

                “Come on man. There’s a shit load of girls at the car wash up the street,” he said with a wink. I grinned and we hurried towards the car wash.

                “So you dumped the fag?” he asked curiously. “Max isn’t a fag,” I growled dangerously. “But yes, I did break up with him for Mickey.” Landon shrugged. “So Mickey won’t care that you’re going to stare at chicks at the car wash?” I shrugged too. “Who cares? Looking doesn’t hurt.”

                Landon and I grinned widely as we reached the car wash. Hot girls in very short shorts and revealing, wet shirts? I think yes.

                “Check out that one. Pink shirt,” he said, nodding at the hottest chick there. “Watch this,” I said and walked over to her.

                “Excuse me, but did you get that outfit on sale? Because it’s 100% off at my house,” I said with a wink. She giggled. “Do I know you?” she asked and flipped her hair flirtatiously. “Nope. I’m Noah,” I said, casually flipping my hair out of my face.

                “Sam,” she said. She leaned down and picked up a bucket of water. “Oh…it’s heavy. Mind helping?” she asked innocently. I easily took the bucket from her and she smiled. “Thanks Noah.” She began to walk but bumped into me, spilling the water on her shirt. It clung to her incredible form and she smirked. “Oops.”

                I grinned right back. “Yea. Oops.” I set the bucket down and she grabbed my arm. “Come help me dry off,” she said seductively.

                I let her pull me into the bathroom of the car wash. She locked the door and pulled her shirt off, leaving her in just a lacey bra. She pushed me up against the wall and we began to make out.

                She licked my lip ring before shoving her tongue back in my mouth and I forced myself not to pull away in annoyance. Seriously. Why did girls think that turned me on?

                Max never did that when I made out with him. He knew that grossed me out. I mentally sighed. I know I broke up with him and that 3 months was a really long time for me but…I kind of missed him. I really hoped breaking up with him didn’t ruin our friendship. He was my best friend.

                But all he was now was just a friend. So why was I thinking about him when I was making out with a hot chick? Had I really fallen in love with Maxwell Quincy?