Let's Get One Thing Straight: I'm Not {27}

***Noah’s POV***

                “Dammit! Leave it to a ni-” “Noah!” I jumped a little and frowned. “Aw Sasha! You made me lose at QWOP!” I whined. She rolled her eyes and shut my door. “Forget QWOP Noah! I need to talk to you.”

                I faced her. “Yea?” I asked. “Please don’t hurt Max again Noah. You’re lucky he gave you a second chance after you cheated on him!” “I won’t hurt him Sasha!” I said fiercely. No. I knew I was lucky to be back with Max and I sure as hell wasn’t going to fuck it up so easily.

                She smiled at me. “Good. If you hurt him, I’ll have to cut your hair.” “NUUUU!” I whined, swatting at her childishly. “My hair! Mine! Sasha no touchy my hair!”

                She rolled her eyes. “Why are you so weird Noah?” “What can I say? I’m a special boy,” I said with a goofy grin. “Yep. You’re mommy’s special little boy,” she said sarcastically and stuck her tongue out at me before leaving my room laughing.

                Pierce texted me to come over and I had my dad drop me off at his house. “Whatupskee?” I asked curiously. He was sitting in his backyard smoking. “Sit down,” he said and pat the spot on the step next to him.

                “Stoop kid afraid to leave the stoop!” I chanted but sat down. “Look Noah, you know that if you fuck up with Max again, you’re going to regret it. You lose him, you won’t get him back. Promise. Owen, Nason, and I all like him.”

                I blinked. “I won’t fuck up!” I said defensively. “Smoke?” he offered. I shook my head. “Nah dude. I’m only down for cigars. You know that. Don’t want to get addicted.” He shrugged. “Alright.”

                Pierce turned on his iPod and we listened quietly.

                Why can’t they remember

                What I’ll never forget

                How these dreams can come undone

                When you’re young

                “It’s all my fault,” he said quietly. I glanced at him. “What do you mean?” I asked. He threw his cigarette on the ground and put it out with his shoe. “If I hadn’t kissed him that day, none of this heartbreak would be happening. We wouldn’t be fighting over Max. It’s hurting him and it’s hurting us. It’s not his fault. We can try to blame it on him, but it’s not his fault we’re all attracted to him. I never should’ve kissed him. He’s gotten bullied for it. Been hated by his dad for it. Been divided between us for it. All because of me.”

                “Pierce, remember when we used to play pirate when we were all kids? And we used to argue over the cardboard box that was Max’s ship because it was better than all of ours? That’s this, just, you know, 10 years into the future. And in 10 more years, we’ll look back and realize how childish it was. And we’ll all still be best friends no matter what happens.”

                Pierce gave me a small smile. “Thanks Noah. I didn’t think you were really one for deep, touchy-feely speeches.” I shook my head. “Oh, I’m not. I just really wanted that cardboard box. It had the cross bones and skull and everything on it!” He laughed at me and lit himself another cigarette.

                “Pierce, smoking is going to kill you,” I said with a frown. He shrugged. “Ah well. Addiction is addiction. Just worry about your own health Noah.”

                I jumped up and Pierce rolled his eyes at me. “What?” I asked curiously. “Someday you’ll be able to match your clothes Noah. I promise.” I looked down at myself with a frown. I was wearing “The Drug In Me Is You” Falling In Reverse shirt with red and black plaid skinny jeans.

                “I match just fine!” I said with a grin before leaving his house and deciding to walk to walk to Max’s house to maybe watch a movie or something. I made my way to his house and crawled through his window again.

                I frowned deeply. Max wasn’t in his room. Now what? I sighed and sat on his bed, pulling out my phone to text him and ask him where he was.

                The door open and Max jumped as he saw me. “Noah!” he said once the shock had worn off. “You haven’t done that in a while.”

                I smirked. My knee was a lot better now. “Surprise Maxi!” He rolled his eyes and shut his door before sitting down next to me and hugging me. Max’s phone vibrated and he glanced at it.

                I wanna fuck you til you bleed.

                “What?” he asked, looking up at me. I gasped. “Damn auto correct! I meant ‘hello’.” He laughed and leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back eagerly. God damn I missed kissing him. “Maxi…let’s play house. You be the screen door and I’ll slam you all night.” “Noah, you remind me of my pinky toe. I know that sometime in the future I’m going to end up banging you on a table.” “The future? No time like the present!”

                He rolled his eyes. “You mad bro?” Max shook his head. “Not at all.” He cracked a smile and I wrapped my arms around him. “My troll!” “Nuuuuu!” he whined and shoved me off him. “Your Max. Not your troll!” “Nuuuu? Max, you’ve been around me too long.” “Dear god…I really have…”

                We laughed and smiled together. Nothing could ruin this moment. Until Max’s phone vibrated and he opened the message from Pierce.

                Owen’s dead