Let's Get One Thing Straight: I'm Not {28}

A.N. - Just saying, I hate this chapter. I almost just erased it and rewrote the whole thing but I was too lazy. I might delete it depending on what you guys put in the comments. This chapter is absolute garbage and really pointless. I apologize so much for it, and promise that I'll try not to put these worthless chapters in my stories anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Terror on a level I had never believed possible for any human to reach exploded through me and made me drop my phone as I felt the bile rising in my throat. I swallowed painfully and shakily grab my phone as my heart slammed and I became lightheaded.

                Not Owen. Oh dear god; please not Owen. Please, please, please let Pierce be kidding. I somehow managed to dial Pierce’s number and put the phone on speaker as Noah sat there in a terrified silence.

                “Pierce?” I choked out as I heard him answer. “What the hell man? Please tell me Owen’s okay!” I begged desperately. What if Owen was dead? What would happen to us? He and I had become so much closer lately. If he were dead I wouldn’t be able to handle it. He was one of my best friends and he had such a hard life but tried so hard to just act like it was all okay.

                “My bad Maxi! I meant to say ‘Owen’s dad’ but I saw I put dead and accidentally hit send instead of the backspace button when I tried to fix it.”

                Relief poured through my body so fast that I shivered. “Oh thank god,” I whispered as color returned to Noah’s face and he breathed a relieved sigh.

                “Sorry Max! But what I meant to say isn’t that much better. Owen’s dad called me and said that Owen’s really sick. He said he’s really scared. He said Owen has a temperature of 103.2.”

                Now panic was coursing through me. God I was going to have a heart attack in about five seconds. “What?!” I cried. “Yea. Look, I’m going to swing by and pick you up in my dad’s car and then we can grab Noah and all go to visit him and see what’s up.”

                “Noah’s here!” Noah chimed in. “Oh, good. Less gas I have to waste. I’ll be right there,” he said and hung up.

                He picked us up a few minutes later and we drove in tense silence to Owen’s dad’s house. Pierce opened the door and let us in. He led us upstairs to Owen’s room. At his dad’s house, Owen had an amazing room with tons of awesome stuff. At his mom’s, he had an under average room. The only “awesome” things in his room there were a little TV with a broken remote, a laptop, and his iHome.

                Mr. Cash stood up with a worried look in his eyes. Like Pierce, Owen meant everything to his dad. Mr. Cash could joke around a lot, but he was serious when it came to something being wrong with Owen.

                “He’s really not looking good. I don’t know if I should bring him to the hospital or just keep trying to bring the fever down on my own or what!” he said quickly.

                We glanced at Owen. His eyes were closed. “Is he awake?” Pierce asked. “Yea,” Owen croaked, not opening his eyes. “I’m fine. Just cold.” “Owe, you’re sweating like a mother fucker! You’re burning up! Kid, you’re not cold,” his dad said and gently brushed Owen’s hair out of his face.

                “I say stick his ass in a tub of cold water. My rents did that to me when I got really, really sick last year,” Noah said with a slight shrug. Mr. Cash looked nervous. “I don’t know…it won’t shock him, will it?”

                “Nah,” Noah said with a shrug. “OH!” he cried. “What?” we all asked anxiously. “Nah is Noah without the o!” he said eagerly and we all rolled our eyes at him.

                “Owen, you’re gonna be okay ya pussy,” Pierce said with a small smile. I could see the concern in his eyes though. Owen looked really, really bad.

                “Of course I will. I’m just naturally hot,” he mumbled, a faint smile spreading on his pale lips. Mr. Cash sighed and left the room. A few minutes later, he came back and nodded at Owen. “Pierce, grab his feet. I put cold water in the tub.”

                Pierce helped Mr. Cash get Owen upstairs to the tub. Mr. Cash stripped Owen down to his boxers and they placed him in the cold water. “I’m going to call his mother to come help me. You boys should go. If he has something you can catch, I don’t want you to get it too.”

                So we left poor Owen to be given a cold bath. We made our way to the park and sat on the swings. “Hey guys. What’s up?” Nason asked, coming over to us. We just told him nothing. No need to discuss the Owen thing when it was clear Pierce was trying hard not to think about it too much.

                “Hello Maxwell. Hello Noah.”

                We stared at Brent and Andre. Jesus. The fuck was up with that?! “Get the fuck away Andre. I’m pissed as it is and I need something to hit. So leave before I make you my punching bag,” Pierce snarled viciously.

                “You’re not tough Pierce,” Brent said with a smirk. “Leave him alone Brent,” Noah said, trying to stay calm. “Heard Owen isn’t looking too good. You fuck him a little too hard Pierce?” Andre asked with a cruel smirk.

                Before anyone could stop him, Pierce was punching Andre. No. Not punching him. Trying to kill him. Really trying to kill Andre.

                “Pierce!” I screamed and ran at him. Noah and Nason followed me. Even Brent seemed alarmed now. We managed to force Pierce off of the now unconscious Andre. “You’re fucking mental!” Brent cried in terror.

                “Don’t insult my best fucking friend when he’s sick!” Pierce roared. He was trying to free himself and charge Andre again. “Pierce please stop!” Noah begged.

                “ALEIXANDRE!”

                We faced his terrified parents. They raced over to their bloodied son. “Aleix! Aleix!” his mom cried, shaking him gently. “Pierce Harts I’m going to make sure you’re back with your mother faster than you know!” Mr. Ryan shrieked as Mrs. Ryan started crying.

Now new terror shot through me. Oh my god. Pierce's face paled as his struggles died. I could see the horror in his eyes. Mr. Ryan really meant it. He was really going to send Pierce back to his mother.