Let's Get One Thing Straight: I'm Not {14}

“Completely misread I’m better off dead!” Sum41 screamed in my ears as I listened to my iPod on the way to Noah’s house. Dad was bringing me and he wasn’t happy about it.

                He pulled into the Hottie’s driveway and unlocked the doors. I pulled out my headphones and slowly opened the door. “Thank you for the ride dad,” I said sincerely. “Whatever. That Nason kid gonna be here?” I nodded and he reached over and shut my door before pulling out of the driveway without another glance at me.

                I sighed sadly and made my way to the front door. I knocked and Mrs. Hottie smiled at me happily. “Maxwell! Come on in. Noah’s up in his room,” she said. I thanked her before going up to Noah’s room.

                I let myself in. Owen was laying on an air mattress on the floor while Noah searched for something under his bed. “Hey Max,” Owen greeted. I offered him a smile.

                “Max?!” Noah went to get up to greet me but slammed his head on his bed. “Ow! Who put this damn bed here?!” he whined, rubbing his head. His eyes found me. “Hi Max!” he screamed, waving like an idiot. I rolled my eyes. “Hi Noah,” I said.

                Owen’s cell phone starting vibrating and he rolled his eyes. “Listen to this. Guarantee it’s my dad talking about the dick and my mom,” he said and flipped it open. He put it on speaker. “Hello?” he asked.

                “Owen? Did she let you back in the house yet?” his dad’s concerned voice asked. Owen rolled his eyes again. “Told you,” he mouthed at us. “No, she didn’t. Because she’s a dirty bitch thanks to Will,” he grumbled.

                “Listen, don’t piss her off anymore Owen. If her stupidass would answer the phone I might be able to get you back in the house just until I’m back. When I get back, I’ll pick you up to stay with me until she really calms down.”

                Owen sighed. “She won’t answer dad. They don’t like me. Will’s always a dick to me.” “Well if he won’t let you back into that house you bet your ass I’ll beat the living shit right out of him,” his dad snapped.

                “Calm down dad,” Owen said. “I’m used to it.” “No I will not calm down Owen! No one fucks with my son!” He sighed. “I have to go. I have to get ready for a meeting. I’ll keep calling her Owen. Call me if you need me. I love you.” “Love you too dad,” Owen said and hung up.

                “Yea…my mom still hates me,” Owen said brightly. “Well…let’s go set up for when Pierce, Andre, and Nason get here,” Noah said after a few moments of awkward silence.

                We made our way down to his basement where his sister Sasha was sitting and watching TV with their dad. “We’re leaving,” Mr. Hottie said and turned the TV off. He handed Noah a stack of DVDs with a smile.

                “Thanks dad! Wooo! Children of the Corn!” Noah cheered as he set the DVDs down on the floor carefully. “After we watch this, we should all kill the adults and eat corn!”

                “Oh Noah. You’re a strange, strange little child,” his dad said, affectionately ruffling Noah’s blond and black hair with a loving smile. My heart ached as I watched. Noah’s dad absolutely loved Noah. My dad used to love me just as much. Before he knew I was gay.

                Even when Noah and I were dating, his dad had still looked at him with the same amount of love in his eyes. He hadn’t been ashamed of Noah. He had been happy for him.

                “Hi Max!” Sasha said, smiling and waving. “Hi Sasha!” I said with a smile. She was always really, really nice to me when I came over. She and Mr. Hottie went upstairs and Noah put on Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae.

                “I don’t know if I’ll make it, but watch how good I’ll fake it. It’s alright, alright, tonight, tonight!”

                I smiled a little. It would be alright tonight. I was finally going to be happy. Noah and I were good again, I was beyond happy with Nason, and Pierce was finally good with me again.

                The door bell rang as Noah, Owen, and I were setting up chairs. Sasha came down a second later leading Nason. He smiled at us. “Hi guys! Thanks so much for inviting me Noah,” he said sincerely. “No problem Nason!” Noah said happily.

                Nason moved over to me and I automatically hugged him and pressed my lips to his. Sasha winked at me before going back upstairs and I blushed a little.

                A few minutes later, the doorbell rang again.

                “You gonna be okay Zip?” Nason asked quietly. I nodded. “Just…just try to avoid Andre, okay Pip? He’s dangerous,” I said silently. Nason nodded.

                Pierce and Andre walked down the stairs together, holding hands. I could just tell by the look on his face that Pierce was being forced into this relationship. He looked absolutely miserable. Andre smiled at everyone. “Hi guys!” “Hi Andre,” Noah said, a smile on his face.

                “Hey Pierce,” Owen said, totally ignoring Andre. He despised Andre. “Hey Owen. Hey Max. Hey kid whose name I totally forget,” Pierce said, nodding at all of us. I rolled my eyes as Nason laughed a little.

                Andre’s eyes snapped onto Nason and took in his appearance. “Hi! I’m Andre. I don’t think we’ve ever met before,” he said with his friendly smile.

                “No, I don’t think we have. I’m Nason. Nason Brown,” Nason said, an equally friendly smile on his face. “Everybody shut up! Movie time!” Noah cheered, sticking the 1984 Children of the Corn in and pressing play as we all took seats.

                Noah sat on one side of me while Nason sat on the other side. He grabbed my hand and smiled at me. I smiled back happily as the movie started.

                “DUDE! That kid looks like Shaun White!” Noah pointed out, pointing at Malachi. “Well I really hope Shaun White doesn’t do that,” I said as the kids began to murder the adults.

                The smell of fish drifted down to us and Noah frowned. “Sasha close your legs!” he called. “Shut up Noah!” Sasha called back from upstairs. “Your dad having fish again?” Owen asked, raising an eyebrow. “Yessir!” Noah said cheerfully.

                I shook my head in amusement and my eyes caught a sight I didn’t quite enjoy. Andre was watching Nason and I with a certain look in his eyes that told me he was planning something. And suddenly, I got a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.