Vikklan - Maybe I Shouldn't Arrest You

Vikk's POV

BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP WAKE UP MOFO YOU GOT WORK BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

*slam*

Grrrrrr. Work.

I am working the late shift tonight at the police station, so tonight is going to be so late. It was around 6:30 and I have work at 8.

I am a detective but most of my work is for undercover missions. Lure people, capture them. My friends, Simon and JJ, call my the police's prostitute. And that does somewhat explain my work, sometimes. But mostly, it is simple work not sensual work.

Today, I was told an Australian drug dealer was in Britain and I think they are sending me in. 

So I got into some normal clothing with my uniform in a  bag, and ate dinner with Simon JJ and Josh. I grabbed an apple for the way, and headed out.

I jumped in my car, and rode the streets for the short 5 minute drive to the station.

I parked a block away in case someone were to be watching, and then made my way to the front door. I walked through smiling at the desk operator and then made my way over to my desk, in the far left corner. It was a small desk with simple things on it, since I was rarely at the station if I worked. I sat down and ate my apple waiting for the captain to come give me an assignment. And about 10 minutes later,  he walked through the doors.

He motioned for me to follow him into his office and so I did. I sat down in one of his chairs as he sat in his chair. 

"Okay Vikk. We have a word of a drug dealer and a few of his men from Australia. We have had people tracking him and we believe he has a meeting tonight at 10 p.m. at the coffee shop on 3rd Street.  Get him out without troubles."

"Okay, can I see him?"

"We have no pictures, but I am assuming you can find a Australian accent through a crowd of British accents."

"I certainly can. Do I have a cover, or just go with a random one?"

"I actually want you to go as yourself."

"A cop?"

"A British man who works with computers for a life."

"Oh,  my other job. I can do that."

"Alright we have a team that will be outside and waiting in the alley two buildings down the block. You can back out but, this is worth a lot."

"I'll take it. It's no trouble. I will be at the coffee shop at 9:45."

"Okay we will see you then. For now, find something to do."

"Thanks Captain."

"You're welcome."

And so I found random jobs to do in between the time. So at 9:45 I entered the coffee shop on 3rd Street and ordered a simple black coffee. I sat down and began listening to people conversations and listening for a different accent. If he was smart, he would try to hide his accent but it is very difficult to that. So when a tall blonde man, blue eyes, approximately 6'5" and when he ordered his coffee, a think Australian accent was very present. So as he sat down a table away from me, I casually got on my phone and waiting slowly for 10:00 p.m. The man next to me, was looking around searching for someone at around 10:01, so I knew he was probably it. So I made remarks about him, and tried to figure out how to lure him out after this so called meeting. It was now 10:05 and his informative had not come so he got a little worried, but he kept his calm. At 10:10, I decided to make a move and began to walk over to him. As I was about to sit down, a loud, clashing, banging sound rang throughout the neighborhood and more closely to the coffee shop. It shattered the mug the man's coffee was in. A shot straight through the crowded coffee shop. 

My immediate response was to kneel on one knee, whip out my weapon, hold it to my leg and watching the patrons of the coffee shop. All of them dropped to the ground, except the man next to me, he stayed sitting up right but this time was  holding something.

So when a average height, average looking man with an assault riffle came walking in, that I did not recognize, I took a shot. But apparently I wasn't the only to take a shot, one bullet ripped through his left shoulder, nearing the heart.

The other went straight through the gut, almost in the middle of his torso. So when the man began to stumble and fall, I watched my troops came marching in, guns raised and armor on. I casually stood up and turned to the man across from me. 

"Before I arrest you, for having a gun, care to explain?"

The man shot me a quick smirk and moved his jacket over to reveal a badge similar to mine.

"Maybe I should't arrest you?"

"The name's Lachlan. I'm a international cop for Australia, here on order to stop well, him." Lachlan said pointing to the man dead on the floor.

I just smiled and replied, "The name's Vikk. London police sent here to take down, well the same man."

"Why did you come over to me?" Lachlan asked.

"Well we had no pictures of him, and you'd did have a very strong Australian accent. Kind of what I was told to watch for."

"Are you sure it wasn't my charming looks?"

"I don't know."

"Oh, ulterior motive, got it?"

"You realize I have a gun?"

"I do too."

"But I have jurisdiction here."

"Oh got me there. But I can still ask if you would like to go out with me?"

"You know I am kind of a first date before hand kind of person."

"Coffee then?"

"Well we are at a coffee shop."

"With a dead body."

"Yeah. Maybe the one two blocks down."

"Sounds perfect."