Chapter 25

~~September 30, 2012 [SUN] // 8:19 pm ~~

o   Dante

I woke up to a rerun of last night’s date in the form of a dream. When I opened my eyes, I mentally kicked myself for waking up – I wanted very much to relive last night’s events.

Resigned to the fact that I wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep, I sat up and consciously thought about Carol.

Overall, last night was as memorable as I had wanted it to be. I plainly saw that Carol had a great time, and her happiness made me bloom with a sort of pride that brought a rather sleepy smile upon my face.

There were moments throughout our date that I thought I felt her either simply becoming more comfortable with me, or starting to reciprocate a bit of my feelings. I played around with the possibility of the latter out of mere whim, just for the touch of optimism to my morning.

Moreover, I was wondering if I had doubts about last night. For instance, when we were at her doorstep at the end of the evening, I had a lacking feeling when I said goodbye. I recalled how I badly wanted to give her a kiss to her cheek – perhaps I should have done just that; leave a little hint of my feelings for her. Was it really too early for that? It had been two years, hadn’t it? When I remembered how Carol had leaned against me and laid her head on my shoulder, I somehow didn’t think that the time wasn’t ripe yet.

Picking up my phone from beside my pillow, I checked the time and that was when I remembered Carol’s little truth game. With a burst of enthusiasm, I went to MEMO on my phone and found the one Carol had created last night.

She had put together ten questions with a small, short header:

‘Truth game. :) no lies, obviously. And please explain.

1. What’s your favorite hobby?

2. Who is your celebrity crush? If you don’t have one, quickly think of someone close to being such.

3. What kinds of books do you like to read? Give an example.

4. Do you believe in love at first sight? Why or why not?

5. What was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

6. What was the saddest moment of your life about?

7. Why did you break up with my best friend?

8. If each person you knew had a song to describe who they are to you, what would be mine?

9. Name three things that you look for in a potential girlfriend.

10. Give a quote that describes how your life is going. Maximum of five words.

Note: If I get a whiff of a lie somewhere in here, I will make you answer another ten. >:) ’

All in all, the questions were generally lighthearted with the exceptions of numbers six and seven. Number eight had me thinking as soon as I read it. Would it be wise to answer it truthfully at this point?

Figuring that I could answer most if not all of the questions within the day, I spent the next thirty minutes or so composing my responses:

‘ 1. I guess my favorite hobby is playing video games. :P Typical, huh? It helps me escape from all the insanity and stress of everyday life. Though it kinda beats the purpose sometimes… I turn into a cussing monster whenever I play competitive games, and it’s not particularly relaxing when I swear. :) Writing stories comes next, I suppose. I like creating scenarios for the same reasons I play video games.