Part 23

Liam

Old people. Guns. Puppies. Kittens. Baseball. First base... DAMN IT. I was screwed. She sighed in her sleep and stretched out in my arms, her ass pressing back against my groin and I had to start the whole distraction technique again. I didn't dare shut my eyes because I knew the second I let go of my place in the real world, I'd be thrown right into Dreamland where Juliet was waiting, making small sighs and pressing movements in her sleep. Considering the fact that there was not even the tiniest amount of space between us, there was a good chance things were going to get awkward.

Did she have to smell so good? I moved my head back to try and escape her intoxicating scent and my hand slid up the smooth skin of her thigh. It was pointless, every little move I made—even if it was away from her—cause another part of me to feel something new. My movement had caused her to stir; her hand resting on my forearm gripped my wrist and slid it up between her breasts to rest on top of her heart. I froze; my heart beat thudding a loud warning in my ears.

I clamped my eyes shut and tried to push down the thoughts that came racing into my young male brain. I could feel the weight of her breast falling against my hand and I was instantly stripped of my years of experience and right back to a lust-drunk teenager touching a girl for the first time. I felt the way my skin seemed to buzz with the excitement and my palm ached to stretch wide and touch every inch of her body. Baseball. Come on brain, cut me a break.

I wasn't just attracted to her physically—though that feeling was stronger than it had ever been with any another woman. I found myself looking at her a million times a day. I'd zone out as she applied her lip-gloss, or expose her neck as she twisted her blonde strands up off her skin. She was stunning; the kind of beauty that had men stammering all over the place to do things for her. She didn't even notice all the time she'd turn heads as we stopped for gas or something to eat. She had no idea that she seemed to put the men around her under some spell.

She was also smart and witty. She didn't pretend to be stupid like some girls did, or try and act as if she knew everything about what was important to me. She was just Juliet, and I was quickly discovering that all I could think about was her. I had no idea how I was going to walk away when this trip was over, but I would have to. I took a shallow breath, not wanting to push against her or cause her to move again. If she drug my hand to anywhere else, even thoughts of baseball or old people couldn't help me.

My eyes felt heavy; closing longer each time I allowed them to blink. I pulled my hand from between her breasts and rested it on her hip. My fingers curled around the bone and the tips sank into the soft skin. My primal brain wanted me to use the grip to pull her to me and cant my hips to give me a small taste of friction. I blew out a breath slowly, telling myself that it would only make me want more. I relaxed my fingers and let them trail down the curve of her ass and along her silky skin until it was back on her thigh.

I was all twisted up inside, but we still had a few day together and I couldn't risk screwing it up that night. My eyes fell closed and my heart rate sank into a slow rhythm as I felt myself drifting off to sleep. I hoped that sleeping would keep me out of trouble and that I'd wake up before her in the morning and handle anything that had come up—no pun intended.

I was sure I'd just closed my eyes when I opened them again. My hands were full and I tried hard to wake up and assess the situation. She had moved in her sleep. Her long, tan leg draped over my hip as my thigh pressed hard between her legs. One of my hands was holding her ass, pulling it up against me securely. The other was tangled in her hair. I was waking up, my awareness of our connection sending shocks of electricity zipping along my nerves. Her breasts were smashed against my chest and her hand was beneath my shirt, her palm flat and fingers digging into my back.

My neck was hot from the awareness of it all, but her little nose was tucked into space beneath my ear, her lips softly touching my skin. Holy shit. We'd clung to each other last night. I could feel the heat of her body on my thigh between her parted legs. My own body was on fire, and I tried to move my hips away from hers before she woke up. Instead, the tiny adjustment made her leg around my hip pull me in between her legs further and there was no hiding how I felt about her sexy, sleepy warmth. My groin drug across her core and I closed my eyes as pleasure raced up my spine and scattered my thoughts.

Her breath caught and she arched into me. Her nails in my back drug across the skin, but the sting of it only had my hips pushing forward once more. My hand slid to her hip instinctively and I couldn't help but tip her towards me and pull her down onto me. I felt her warm breath as she released it with a shudder. She was just as affected as I was. Our brains knew better in the daytime, but at night there had been no inhibitions. We were tangled together and it was fucking amazing.

As hot as it was and as much as I wished it could go further, I knew she had set a boundary and it was the right one given our situation. I released her and pulled away. I had to sit at the edge of the bed, my head too dizzy to let me stand and my heart beating out of my chest. I gripped the edge in my hands, fighting hard against the instinct to turn back to her and show her just how good we could be together. It didn't matter. No matter how much we might want each other or how good it felt to hold her—I was going to leave her. I didn't have a choice. 

***Is it getting a little warm in here? Hope you are enjoying the story! Please let me know what you're thinking and stop being so quiet ;) Don't forget to find me on twitter (at) SarahWhiteWrite. I love hearing from my readers! As always, don't forget to vote and share!