Part 27

Liam

I was picturing her. I had a lot of girls that I could've been imagining in my head. There was a time in my life that I wasn't very proud of, but it had given me a wealth of images I could recall of girls that had been beneath me—or above, in front and even around me. But none of them came to mind when I talked about how it felt to have sex with someone you totally connected with. When I told Juliet about the sounds she would make, a small thrill had raced down my spine because I could clearly see her wrapped up with me. Her head tipped back and her warm breath catching before rushing out as I filled her.

So I was going to hell. It was only a matter of time before Pines was going to strike me dead and carry me off to burn in the underworld. Why did that not feel like enough of a deterrent? I glanced at Juliet and her cheeks were still flushed. She was staring ahead out the window, but I could see the way lust had dragged her into a haze, her mind thinking about things other than what she was watching pass us by. My jeans were so tight it almost hurt, but that was better than bringing any attention to how turned on I got with just thoughts of her. What would happen if I got to put my hands on her body? Explore her soft skin that was flushed from dirty thoughts with my tongue? Definitely not helping. I groaned a little and tried to loosen my pants with a slight shift in my seat.

Her ex had to be a complete tool. I had no idea how he could think she wasn't enough. Inexperienced prick. I wanted to pull the truck over on the side of the road and show her how good it could be. I wanted to slide her onto my lap and feel her breasts against my chest as I kissed her. She had no idea how sexy she was and I knew if she'd just let go with me, she'd realize that it was one of the best things on earth. It's not an obligation—it's a fucking pleasure.

I ran my hand down my face and tried hard to focus on something else. It was no use. From the corner of my eye I could still see her heaving chest, the rise and fall of her perfect rack as she unfolded her arms and touched her fevered cheeks as if to check that they were as hot as I'm sure they felt. I mean—I love you Pines, but your sister is just too fucking hot to keep my hands off. I'm only human.

Maybe I needed some rules. Yes, rules. I can follow rules real good. If I could just set up some of those and make sure I did this right, then whatever happened between us wouldn't get out of hand. Right? Right. I glanced over at her again and she had tucked her bottom lip between her teeth. She looked like she was on the verge of getting lost in pure bliss, and I hadn't even put my hands on her yet. I might have whimpered a little, but she was too dazed to have heard me.

What was I...oh, right. The rules. Rule number one: she'd have to make the first move. I wouldn't touch her until she touched me first. She already confessed that she'd never done that. If she wanted this as badly as I did, she'd have to step out of her comfort zone and if she didn't, I'd keep my greedy hands to myself. Rule number two: nothing quick and dirty. She was too buttoned up and reserved to not feel used after something like that. It would have to happen only if I had the time to do it right. Cross off all the fantasies I was having of pulling over and disappearing with her in these tall fields of wheat and corn along the road. Rule number three: no falling in love. I was going to have to leave her so getting feelings tangled up in the physical release would only make things harder in the end.

OK, let's be honest, I was already in hot water with that last rule. Maybe I'd amend it to: stop falling for her. Don't pay attention to the way her eyes grew darker when she looked at me, or the soft melodic giggle she released when I said something funny. I wouldn't pay attention to the way she seemed to light up my day, or the undeniable coincidence that she fit perfectly in my arms and up against my body. Nope. I wouldn't pay any attention to those things. Bloody hell.

"Have you ever been with someone like me?" she asked softly from her seat beside me and I almost choked. Fuck no. Didn't she know there weren't many like her? So innocent and yet spilling sex appeal with each little breath. I'd never been with someone I knew had the power to own me. I liked to have the upper hand. But I had been with girls that just hadn't spent enough time playing around and exploring their bodies to know what felt good.

"Yes and no," I answered honestly. Her eyes looked to mine and I swear her irises were so bright around her dark pupils that against her pink tinged cheeks they almost didn't seem like a real shade. "What exactly are you asking?"

"Have you ever been with someone who didn't know what the hell they were doing?" She was serious and it broke my heart. My chest grew tight and I tried to answer, but she wasn't finished gutting me. "I've never really liked it. I'm not even sure if everything works." She laughed a little without humor and shook her head. Some of her hair fell down and she pulled the band free letting it all tumble around her face. Her hands worked to gather it up again and twist it into a knot on her head.

"It works," I answered confidently. She shook her head a little and I clarified, "Operator error, sweetheart. Your side of the whole thing is pretty simple. Our side is a little more complicated. If you aren't sure things work, it was his mishandling. Have you really never..." I wasn't sure how to finish that. Well, that's not true. I knew exactly what I was asking, but the words seemed to get stuck like hearing her answer would immediately fry my upper brain and my smaller one bellow the belt would make it our personal mission to change the answer.

Her eyes grew wide with my question. I didn't think her face could get any redder, but it did. She brought her hands up to her cheeks again, but this time I think she was just trying to hide or cool them off. "Ok, ok," she laughed, waving a hand in front of her like she needed to stop where this was going. I was afraid she might. But instead she let out a big sigh and pulled her bottom lip between her teeth again. So, I guess that answered that. She knew her parts worked just fine, she just hadn't had anyone help her figure out how all the moving parts go together during the actual act. Sign me up.

"Really?" I couldn't help but ask incredulously. "How long have you guys been having sex?" She turned to face me and her face pinched as if she knew they'd wasted a lot of time. "He never made you...?" my voice trailed off because she was already shaking her head. I rubbed a hand over my face. She shouldn't have shared that. Something inside me stepped up to the plate, drew back the bat and began to taunt the pitcher. I wanted to knock this one straight out of the park. I knew I could. I would step in as a pinch hitter and rock her fucking world. All she had to do was make the first move.  

****Oh, boy! I'm having fun with this. It's like slow torture, right? Anyone else dying for the pitcher to toss that ball over the plate and give Liam a good shot at batting it out of the park? Do you think Juliet will pitch it to him? This little metaphor is lending itself to all kinds of trouble. Make sure to vote for the chapter and share it with your friends. It's the weekend....let's heat it up a bit. Keep the comments coming...I'm loving reading them.