Epilogue

Three Years Later…

            “Come on Diana, Siti’s calling for you too!” Leeann called out into the crowd to Diana who was now sporting long hair part her shoulders. She whispered something into Devon’s ears, kissed him on the cheek and ran towards Leeann and I who were standing at the main door of the hospital.

            “Where’s Katrina?” Diana asked as we looked around.

            “I think she’s already in Siti’s room,” I said, shrugging my shoulders. We walked pass everyone else and rushed into the ward where Siti was. Her face was flushed and sweaty, but she was smiling widely holding to a tiny bundle in her arms. Daniel was on the bedside, his arms protectively around her.

            “Oh, the little girl’s out,” Leeann cooed as we neared the bed. Siti grinned when she saw us. Katrina was already standing there with her three year old daughter who was looking anxiously at the baby in Siti’s arms.

            “Mommy can I see her too?” little Celina asked her mother, tugging at Katrina’s dress.

            “Wait Celina, let your aunties see the baby first,” Katrina said strictly to Celina as Siti chuckled at her. I went nearer as Siti passed the baby to me. I looked into the infants face and touched her nose lightly.

            “What is she called?” Leeann asked as Siti and Daniel exchanged looks.

            “Siti Daniela,” they both said in unison.

            “Hi Siti Daniela,” I cooed to the sleeping baby, “Say hi to Auntie Mandy.”

            Diana then took the baby from me as Leeann wanted to carry her too. I looked at Siti as she looked at Daniel lovingly. This was her first child since her marriage last year. Leeann had a baby boy named Jackie too – which she gave birth just a few months back. He is with his father, Jason who was waiting with the rest of the guys outside. Katrina is pregnant with her second child after Celina, while Diana is engaged to be married to Devon.

            “Mandy,” I turned to see the love of my life, Sean smile at me from the doorway of Siti’s room, “Someone wants to see the new addition to the family.”

            I looked at the small boy holding on tightly to Sean’s hand – the second love of my life; my two year old son, Darren James as he toddled over to me. I bent down and carried him in my arms as he looked curiously at Siti Daniela. As I held him near the baby, he reached his hand forward and lightly patted her head.

            “What a smart boy,” Diana said as I smiled at her.

            “I can see a future love story here,” Siti said as I laughed at her. Well, who knows what the future holds? I looked over at Sean who came over and placed his hand on my back. I leant my head against his broad chest, ever so thankful for the life I have.

 The End