Chapter 22

"Yes, he's getting out of the hospital in....actually in a few minutes" I said looking at my phone.
"Why."

"Mitch is gonna get kicked out because of our agreement" Brown said.

"Oh" I said. I look over at Simon and see his eyes closed. I walk over to him and feel his pulse. It feels normal.

"So who is your friend that is getting out of the hospital" Brown asks.

"His name is Vikk, we got in a car accident yesterday and there was a pole sticking through his arm. Our other friend who was driving was in critical condition and died. Me, my brother Josh, and Simon were in the back. Me and Simon were unscathed while Josh hit his head on the window, blacking out. I guess it's partly my fault along with there's because they wanted to go to the play so much" I said ending up telling him what happened to Vikk. This is why I like english teachers, there so easy to talk to.

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss" Brown said.

"Thanks, they were able to save Vikks arm since it didn't go through an important nerve or the bone" I said.

"That's good" Brown said right before my phone started ringing.

"Hello" I said answering it.

"Hey, Vikk just got discharged from the hospital, we will be home soon" I hear Josh say from the otherside.

"That's awesome, see ya when you get home" I said before hanging up.

"They're on their way home from the hospital" I said.

"Do you mind if I talk to this Vikk and see if he can take the role" he asks.

"Sure" I said.

"One minutes" he says getting up and going to the kitchen. I hear him talking to someone and figuring that he was on the phone.

I sit next to Simon with a wet rag, dabbing at his blood.

The door opens and the guys came in.

"What happened this time" Josh groans, oviously fed up with Mitchs shit.

"Mitch attacked us on the way to subway, I pulled him off and then he started dragging me away from Simon by my hair. Then I kicked him and ran over to Simon, picking him up and brought him to the school and Brown gave us a ride here. He's in the kitchen most likely talking to Mitchs mom because of the agreement we made" I said.

"That's messed up" JJ said, sitting down in the chair next to Simon.

"Lots of things are messed up these days" I comment.

"That's right" Josh says. Brown walks in.

"I'm gonna go now but quick do think the kid can take over for Mitch, his mom is mad" he said before leaving.

"Who's gonna take over for Mitch" Vikk asks.

"I kinda told him I knew someone that knew a lot of the beauty and the beast lines and stuff" I said putting my hands on the back of my neck.

"Who" Josh asks even though he knows the answer.

"Vikk" I said quietly but they still heard.

"I I I don't know" Vikk says after 10 seconds.

"You don..." I get cut off.

"Look I know you mean well but im good in front of a computer for a reason, I don't like crowds especialy when theres certain words I need to say... Its a no" Vikk said before pounding up the steps.

"I wasn't gonna make him" I said. The others just look at me before they turn and go into the kitchen.

"Fine be that way" I said. I get up and grab my seconds bag that doesn't have my homework before I leave the house slamming the door by accident. I walk down the street and look at the time. I have another hour before I need to be there. I walk to the school park. I set my bag down and sit on the swing. I grab my notebook and doodle in it while thinking.

I get he hates me now...wait again. I sigh as I throw my notebook at the pole. I put my head in my hands as a few tears escape. I hear some footesteps and them chain's rattling before a hand was put on my back.

I silently cry for a while before the person gets off the swing. There hands move from my back to my jaw. I look up to see Mitch standing in front of me. Before I could react he kissed me. I backed away but he put his arm around me. I look around and see no one around. I try to kick him but he has me in a position where I can't move my legs. I grab his arm and pry it off of me. I fall backwards and slide off the swing. I push myself backwards and go to get up but get pushed back down. He gets on me and straddles me. I squirm and try to push him off.

"Mitch get the fuck off me" I said as I try to punch his face.

"Nope, you shouldn't have told Brown about what happened" he growled grabbing my arms.

"I needed a way to get Simon home because of what you did" I spat at him.

"What I did, you started flirting with the two of those idiot" he said back. I was taken back by this.

"I never flirted with anyone when I got here, I was always thinking of you, and were you spying on me" I said getting angry. He goes beet red.

"I uh" he stammers.

"Can you just get off me" I said annoyed. He gets off of me and I stand up fast. I grab my notebook and bag before I speed walk away.

I look at the time to see that I stop have a half an hour left. I go into the school and to the bathroom. I walk in and looked in the mirror. My eyes were red, infact my whole face was. I am sad about what happened with Vikk but I'm pissed at Mitch for thinking I would have cheated on him.

I sigh as I turn the water. I cup my hands together under the water and then splash some water on my face. I turn off the water and leave the bathroom. I walk down the hall and into the auditorium. I walk in and go over to Brown.

"Hi Brown, I need to tell you that Vikk won't be able to substitute and we need Mitch cause he knows the lines and stuff, also it would be weird if you suddenly changed the person in the middle" I told him.

"Okay I'll call his mother, get changed" he said turning away.

I look out at the crowd to see all the guys minus Vikk. I stop myself from the tears as the play starts.

The shakes hand again and I got in a car with JJ, Simon and Josh. I stare out the window with my head on my hands.

JJ park's in the driveway. I hope out of the car and go inside and up the stairs. I turn the corner and head to my room. I walk in to my room and freeze. There on my bed was Vikk and another girl, half naked and kissing. I walk back out and down the stairs. I push past the guys who were still huddling around at the door. I make it to the door and walk out, slamming the door before turning down the street to Prestons.

I knock on the door rapidly. After 10 knocks he finally opens the door. Before he could say anything I hugged him, the tears coming down my face cold from running in the wind.

"Woah, why the tears" Preston says trying to cheer me up. He puts his arms around me and brings me to the couch. He lays me down and puts my head on his lap, letting my hair and moving it out of my face as I cry.

A few minutes later his phone rings and he answers.

"Hello."

"Yes she's here."

"I don't think that's a good time."

"He was what."

"No wonder why she is so upset."

"No I don't think it's a good idea for him to see her right now."

"Fine but if she starts bawling or attacking him it's on you Josh."

"See you soon" he says hanging up. I sit up.

"He's coming here" I ask him.

"Yes, your brother wouldn't take no for an answer" he said sadly.

"YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM I DIDNT WANT HIM HERE" I screamed at him before I run out the door again. Only bringing my phone. I run down the street, seeing a familiar car turn the corner I keep running. I hear the car stop and the doors open, along with footsteps. I turn a corner and then into an alley. I duck behind some garbage and curl my knees up to my chest. I don't want to see any of them. I want to see Jerome. I take out my phone and ring Jerome.

"Hey Jerome" I said sniffling. We talked and he said he would visit me at Prestons soon.