Chapter 20

Half an hour later Bonnie parked her car before her house and quickly went upstairs. She opened her window and stared outside for a moment, thinking about her encounter with Damon. His appearance had caught her completely off guard, but somehow it hadn't bothered her that he had been sitting there next to her on her grandmother's front porch. On the contrary, she couldn't deny the excited jolt of her heart she'd felt at seeing him, nor could she forget the fluttering of her heart when she discovered it had been him who had returned her grandmother's grimoire to her. A sigh escaped her as she massaged her temples, confused about Damon's helpful behaviour towards her. And then his last words...

Turning away from the window Bonnie ignored her homework and jumped onto her bed to start on that other, less ordinary homework, hoping that she would be able to work up the concentration to do so.

Opening her grandmother's grimoire, she followed the instruction and leafed to the page Sheila's instructions sent her to. A spell for summoning animals.

Bonnie's eyes started to gleam in excitement as she read the words. This could get interesting. Her curls falling over her forehead, she started to read the directions. The spell was a difficult one to learn, so the grimoire instructed her to start with the focus on an animal she had a strong connection with.

Bonnie's slender finger rested on the elegantly written words, as the young witch suddenly regretted not having all kinds of pets wandering around the house, though she didn't really care for them.

As Bonnie frowned in thought, a gush of wind came in through the open window, making the net curtains billow. She shivered as she sat up, noticing the false light preceding twilight. A smile broke through her serious features.

Closing her eyes, Bonnie focused on the crow.