Chapter 22

As Damon helplessly rushed through the darkening sky, Stefan's words and the direction he moved into made him widen his eyes in realization. Shit.

He tried to change into his crow form, but the foreign pull on his body was too strong as he watched the familiar house inescapably drawing near.

Bonnie's eyes shot open, her concentration breaking immediately when she heard a loud bang and a series of colorful curses coming from her window. Snapping her head into the direction of the window seat she watched in horror as Damon Salvatore scrambled to stay on the small windowsill, helplessly trying to grab a hold onto something, wearing... nothing but a towel.

"What are you doing here?" She shrieked in panic.

"You tell me." Damon glared at her as he tried to stabilize himself against the wall.

"I didn't call you! I was summoning…," Bonnie's eyes widened in shock.

"Yes…?" Maybe now was a good time to change into his crow form.

"Oh God," Bonnie whispered as she stepped back, her hand before her mouth as she looked about to faint. Ok, maybe not.

"You know, a little help here would be appreciated, witch." Damon tried to smile charmingly, but in his uncomfortable position it worked out as a grimace.

"I can't let you in," she responded automatically and his face fell. "You summoned me!"

"I didn't!" Bonnie seemed genuinely panicked now, pacing around in her room, as she looked at him from the corner of her eye.

"Oh, and what would you have done when the crow would have slammed against the protection or even the wall next to your window? Do you honestly think he would've survived that?" Damon winced at the thought.

"I… I…," she looked up. "I hadn't really thought about that," she replied lamely. "I didn't know the power had such speed…"

"Well, now you do," Damon groaned and pushed himself against the wall. "So, can I come in now?"

"Can't you just… let yourself fall onto the lawn or something? I mean, you can't actually die." Bonnie came closer hesitantly, a begging look in her eyes, but Damon looked over his shoulder, his attention distracted by something. "And jump right before your father's car, naked?"

Bonnie gasped and rushed to the window, seeing the headlights of her father's car heading for the house. Oh no, he had come home early!

Her panicked look crossed Damon's and he cocked his head, smirking.

"Oh, for the love of… Come in!"

In whatever impossible way, Grams is gonna kill me.