Chapter 21

Stefan looked up from his book in shock when he heard a startled cry and a loud thud, followed by a pained groan and muffled curses coming from the bathroom, where Damon had just shut off the water.

Lately, it had become a daily routine for his older brother to freshen himself up at sunset and disappear for a couple of hours, always in his crow form. He didn't bother to hide his actions for Stefan, who had some suspicions on where he went, but since he'd also noticed that Damon seemed to be recovering from the disaster at the tomb and nothing bad had happened, he let it be.

In the blink of an eye he appeared upstairs, his eyes widening when he opened the bathroom door and looked at his brother laying sprawled on the bathroom floor whilst grabbing the bathtub as an invisible force violently tugged on his body.

Stefan raised his eyebrows. "What are you doing?"

Damon glared at him. "How would I know? One moment I'm taking a shower, the next moment I'm knocked out of the bathtub and smashed against the door."

A small smirk curled up Stefan's mouth as he leaned against the doorframe watching his brother fight to stay inside of the bathroom. But to no avail. Another pull peeled loose his fingers and with a painful bang against the doorpost Damon flew through the doorway, past his brother before falling toward the front door. Stefan's smirk broadened as he heard Damon's distressed voice call: "Wipe that smirk from your face and at least bring me a towel!"

Only obeying the second command, Stefan flashed down the stairs and threw his brother the towel to cover himself.

"Looks like witchcraft to me. Made one angry with you again?" He commented amusedly, before lazily strolling toward the front door, as Damon struggled to put on the towel. Damon's eyes widened. "You wouldn't…"

"Do what…?" Stefan asked innocently and widely opened the door, watching his older brother disappear outside with a startled cry.