LET's GET PERSONAL

INTJ edition

Some Words of an INTJ

-"our integrity demands we admit the real goal is to make life easier for us. Since only about 1% or 2% of the general population are INTJs and we're a pretty reclusive bunch, we're probably a mystery to you. Consequently you don't really know how to interact with us, and many of you tend to annoy us."

-"It feels like a big part of my inner self is completely unknown to the world. Even people who are very close to me don't know me well enough. It is something I would like to change but then either I am unable to express my true self or most people aren't able to comprehend it"

-"Regardless of the fact that people say INTJ are emotionless, I feel I am very emotional. Its just that I don't cry for stupid/illogical reasons. Now, that was contradictory and may be that is why it is difficult for people to understand me as a person."

-"Music actually affects my emotions a lot, to the point where I have dedicated playlists to each emotion by very specific adjectives ("somber" and "melancholy" form two separate playlists, as do "frolicky" and "colorful", and even "ethereal" vs. "dreamy"). Music plays with mind, and I can often evoke very specific images or even recreate memories I couldn't have remembered otherwise by silencing my surrounding environment and listening to a specific playlist"

Do's and Don't's

-"DON'T express an opinion to us unless you are prepared to back it up with sound arguments and well pedigreed facts and evidence. Otherwise do not be surprised when we logically shred your opinion for you and hand it back to you in tatters."

-"DO keep it short."

-"DON'T take 100 words to say what could have been said in 10. Content-free speech will cause an INTJ to zone out faster than repeating yourself."

Random Facts/Observations

-"value intelligence and authenticity in their relationships, and they are actually much more sensitive than they appear, writes Dodge. For this reason, INTJs are highly selective about the friends or partners they bring into their life."

-"their typical mode of operation is well described as impressionistic. Rather than noticing or concerning themselves with the details of the world around them, their existence is more cerebral or dreamlike. This can lead them to feel estranged from their physical environs, not to mention their own bodies."

-"Further complicating INTJs' social life is their use of Extraverted Thinking (Te). The majority of males, at least in the United States, are TP types, all of who use Extraverted Feeling (Fe) rather than Te. This gives TPs (including INTPs) a leg up when it comes to casually connecting with others in social situations. TPs often enjoy social situations (at least for a stint), which grant them opportunities to showcase or sharpen their social chops. By contrast, INTJs, along with other Te types, often loathe unfamiliar social situations. They find it painfully difficult to "rub elbows" or engage in any measure of "small talk" with strangers. This further intensifies their sense of being "different" from their peers."