Chapter 13: Pushing her fears further along

Lexa's POV

"Wait here," Clarke commands when entering the big main train station, leaving me standing by the door as she walking to buy our tickets. But where? No idea. I don't even know why I'm still here. The blonde's talking to the woman who sells the tickets, gesticulating with her hands. Few people run past me in rush, probably to make it to their train in time. I stand there like a little cockroach, right below the air conditioning. The air is slightly flowing through my hair, sending uncomfortable feeling down my spine. I'm not cold, it's just the bad feeling that makes me shiver.

"I took two tickets to some town," Clarke's voice echoes through the hall as she waves with 2 pieces of paper in her hands, "I haven't even looked at the name yet properly, all I know is that the way takes 3 hours."
My eyes widen, "what? 3 hours? Tomorrow is school."
"Yeah?" Clarke shakes her head, maybe little too eagerly to consider it serious. "Where's the problem?"
"Well," I stutter hesitantly, "my first day? We have to make it home before the sun goes down?"

Flirty smirk appears on Clarke's face as she steps closer, lowering her voice. "We will be back soon enough. Don't worry."
The smirk soon turns into a wide smile. Clarke's hair fling though the air, almost slapping my cheek, as she turns around and walks forward.

The impact of her words - or the way she said them - is more than obvious on me. Clarke's figure is almost at the gate and I haven't made a step. When she turns around to check if I'm following, I quickly flash forward too. I have to make my heavy legs move a little bit faster because she's already disappeared from my sight around the corner. My shoulders can feel the weight of the backpack stuffed with all things we need; Clarke bought some bottles of water at the market in this street and some biscuits. She managed to put there her blanket too and of course money. She said that blanket is most necessary.

I catch the moving figure of hers soon. It's not fair that she's not carrying any stuff. But she promised she'll take care of my backpack later.
"Platform 8. Come on, it arrives in 3 minutes!" Clarke says, already stepping on the staircase leading up to the platform. I can hardly catch my breath before climbing up behind her. Seriously, they should at least have less stairs.

When I reach the top, I look around the place. There are few people standing, ready to the train arrival. "You know," I sigh, sitting down on the only bench around, "you could maybe help me next time?"
I close my eyes and absorb as much oxygen as I can, breathing in every inch of the nearest air.
Clarke smirks. "What happened? Legs can't take a little exercise?"
I shoot a death glare at her grinning face. "Sure they can. Kicking you below the rails."
"Ouch, sassy."

The sound of a train is adding on its volume as people start coming closer to the edge. Clarke looks at me and grins widely. "Looks like you'll have to get up, Lady Kickass."
I groan loudly, taking the heavy backpack and throwing it at Clarke. "Your turn. I'm not gonna carry it climbing up to the train."
She barely catches it, wincing back her small but strong body. I get up and walk in front of her, feeling the slight draft in my still not totally dry hair. The door of the train stop exactly in front of me, making me the first person that can get on it.

"Choose some good place at least," Clarke says behind my back, "go go go go go go go!"
She pushes me up a little, causing me to flinch from her sudden touch.
I turn my head to face her, "I'M GOING, CHILL."
The only response that gets to me is her wide smile, sign of mockery in it. Rolling my eyes, I climb up the little steps and go further to find some empty coupe.

"Seriously?" I hear Clarke's annoyed voice from behind as we end up at the other end of the wagon. I can feel the small twitch of movement as the landscape behind the windows starts moving.
I shrug. "Guess we have to sit here."
"We don't have to, there's enough space in the third one."
"You wanna sit among the loud old men who look like they're ready to bend you over one of the seats?"
Clarke sighs. "Fair enough."