Chapter Nine

I was running, my heart was pounding hard in my chest, and my breaths were getting short and fast. Something was chasing me, I could feel it. Everytime I looked behind me I didnt see anyone, but I knew I needed to keep running. Then I herd it, it was a deep voice full of evil saying "I told you I would find you pet."

I went to scream, but nothing came out. "Dont you remember pet? I took your voice." He said again with a chuckle.

Who is he!? What the hell did he do to me? What does he want from me? I screamed in my head.

I felt nails scratch my back, which only made me run faster. I didnt know were to run but I knew better than to stop. Thats how you get killed faster. Even if my body was screaming, my lungs where burning, and my heart was going a mile a minute. I couldn't stop, I had to keep going. "I love a good chace pet, keep running because it doesn't matter ill find you." He said, which felt as if he was right behind me.

I fell to the ground from tripping over my own feet. My body was tired, then there was a loud growl and a figure jump over me. It was protecting me but why? I was brought out of my thoughts when she screamed "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH HER AGAIN! NOW LEAVE!"

He laughed evily then said "I may not be able to get to her here right now. But I will have her soon, so watch your back mutt!" then he disappeared.

I started to shake, but why? Why did that man scare me so much? What did he do to me? And again I was brought out of my thoughts when she said "lets go somewhere happier shall we?"

I just closed my eyes, but when I opened them again it was beautiful. We were in a green meadow full of different colored flowers. It felt as if I knew this place, and I wish I could remember how.

As I looked around I saw her laying down in the grass. She was a very large wolf, her fur was a deep shade of red, and she had silver eyes that shine in the sun. Who was she? Why did she help me?

"You still dont remember do you?" She asked sadly. I shook my head and pointed to my throat.

She nods and says "im so sorry Nicole, im healing it now as we speak.....but it will take some time. There is alot of damage." I looked at her confused, and she said "im your wolf, and my name is Red."

My eyes grew big, I had so many questions pop into my head but before I could even think about asking she started talking. "Look, I know you have alot of questions, and to be honest, I can answer all of them. But, the moon goddess has asked me to give you the choice in weither or not you want to remember." She said next.

I gave her a look as to ask her to explain, and she did. "We have been threw alot, Nicole.....you have to want to remember. But if you do, just remember your going to remember everything. Excpesially what happened to you, and how you got like you are now. You will remember all the pain, suffering, and broken feelings you have been threw. But you will also remember all the happy, complete, and loveing feelings also."

I looked to the ground wondering, do I even want to remember if it's that bad? Or even that good? I want to remember but then I dont. Im scared of what my memories will show me. My thoughts were interrupted when she whispered, "Nicole........as much as I want you to remember, I want you to forget. So make your decision carefully."

My head was starting to hurt again, from all this information. What do I do? Should I remember? Should I forget? Am I really this important to so many people? Can I just abandoned them? Then again if I forget, I wont have to remember. I wont have to help anyone, and I can start over. But, can I really start over? From what I have been told I have done some amazing things. But also I have had worse things happen to me im guessing. Why is this so hard?