Chapter 20 - (1.8K Words)

"I can't really say I'm surprised," Namjoon said, struggling to keep himself quiet. "You've always been carefree. You're the first one I'd pick to be by my side in a fistfight, but you're so goddamned careless. I don't think I can take it anymore."

Your head was resting against the wall, and you were staring up at the ceiling. Your hands were folded neatly in your lap. You were seated on a black leather bench just outside of Namjoon's office. Yoongi, however, was inside, getting the scolding of a lifetime. Even though the doors were shut, you could still hear them.

As soon as he's out of there, I'm cooked too.

"Yoongi really did it this time, right (Y/N)?"

You looked down from the spot on the ceiling and saw Jimin, who was sitting across from you on another bench. His legs were crossed and his arms were behind his head. You could see the giant, dumb smirk on his face. Right now, he annoyed you more than anything.

I hope somebody wipes that smile off your face.

You didn't bother wasting your time on talking to him. You didn't want to get angry at him, no matter how much he was testing you right now. You looked back up at the ceiling, and tried to calm yourself. A part of you wanted to hear what was going on in the room just behind you. You didn't want this to be your fault.

"I'm tired of you being so careless. About yourself, about others, about almost anything I can think of," Namjoon said, and you could hear something slam on a desk. "I'm not going to keep putting up with this, because you know better. I know you know better."

"Namjoon, relax for a second, I was just showing her the cars in the garage--"

"I don't care what you were doing down there, you know it's off-limits for anyone outside of the seven of us. There is absolutely no reason why she should have been down there in the first place. You should know that."

"She was with me the whole time, okay? The only thing we saw were the cars. I had everything under control from the second we stepped through the door."

"You were in control?! I'm not an idiot, Yoongi. I saw the cuts and scrapes on her arms when Jimin brought you both in. It looked like she fell down the stairs. Did you even bother to tell her to watch her step?"

"So she slipped," Yoongi nonchalantly said. "She could've missed the stairs on her way down, but that's not my fault."

"You still know the dangers of taking her down there. If she were to see something, do you know what that would do to all of us? Do you know what would happen to you? I can't take another mistake from you, and you know that."

Yoongi was silent.

"In the past week alone, you've made a lot of mistakes, and you've been more careless than ever before. You let Jackson get away, and we had to make a backup plan for that. Jin took the blame for you, to try and save your ass. You threw Taehyung against a wall, for fuck's sake."

Again, Yoongi was dead silent.

"This temper of yours is getting the best of you. You're destroying more than you're helping, and it's starting to affect the rest of us. I am not going to stand here and let you make a mess out of the six of us because you just don't care. It makes the rest of us look bad. You need to fix your attitude, otherwise I will fix it for you."

You couldn't listen anymore. You placed your palms over your ears, and tried to block out their voices. You could feel the tears start to form in your eyes, and you put your head between your knees.

You felt the bench beside you shift, and you saw a pair of feet slide next to yours. A hand started to gently stroke your back, and you had to do your best to keep yourself from breaking down and sobbing.