Chapter 26 - (2.1K Words)

You quickly walked down the hallway and past the kitchen, tears streaming heavily down your cheeks. You stepped out of the hallway, and into the grand front room. You made your way up the stairs and down the hall to the room where you had stayed last night. You carefully closed the door behind you, deciding not to slam it and make a scene.

You leaned your back against the door and looked at the room around you, trying to get a grip on reality. Your shoulders were shaking and your breathing was heavy. You rubbed your eyes underneath your glasses to get some of the tears out of them.

Why am I so weak? I feel like I can't do anything without crying and losing myself.

You let yourself slide down the door and fall into a sitting position. You held your head in your hands, and let your glasses fall off and come to rest on the floor. The warm tears coated your cheeks.

I can't stand it when others get angry. Why am I always so afraid?

You sighed and saw the glass of water Jungkook had left for you last night. It was still sitting on the nightstand, and you still hadn't taken a single sip from it. You hadn't even touched it. There was a layer of dust starting to form on the outside ring of the glass. You could see the faint outline of Jungkook's fingers imprinted in the dust.

Jungkook...

You pushed yourself off of the door and calmly crawled over to the nightstand. Your mind was racing with a million thoughts--mainly about Jungkook and what happened downstairs in the infirmary. You sat yourself down right in front of the nightstand. You stared at the glass of water with awe.

There's another way to cause a scene...

You moved your hand up and sat it on top of the nightstand next to the glass. A warm tear fell, glazing your cheek just like the others did. You gently placed your fingertips on the glass. You slowly peeled your pointer finger away from the glass to see that a part of the dust layer had gone with it.

You slowly pushed the glass to the edge of the nightstand and let it rest there. You thought about Jungkook one last time before you sent the glass off the side of the nightstand. You watched it slowly fall to the floor, quickly moving to shield yourself with your right arm.

The water drenched the carpet beneath you. It left a darkened, wet stain on the floor where it had fallen. The glass wasn't so lucky: You hadn't realized how fragile it was before you pushed it onto the floor. It was now in several pieces that were scattered about the room, and just as you had hoped, there were a few more scratches on your right arm.

Hopefully Jin won't be as mad if I play it off like it was an accident. Besides, he doesn't need to know about the infirmary.

You slowly started gathering the pieces of glass that were scattered across the floor. You made sure to take your time, wondering if anyone would run up to your room after hearing a loud crashing noise. It would make things go a lot easier.

"(Y/N), is everything okay in there?" Somebody knocked twice on your door. "I heard something break."

"Yes, you can come in, everything's okay," you smiled to yourself. "I accidentally knocked a glass off of my nightstand and it shattered."

Your door opened, and Jin poked his head into your room. He closed the door behind him, and came to stand over you. You handed some of the glass shards to him so that you could pick up more from the carpet.

"Your arm!" Jin set the glass shards down on your nightstand and grabbed a hold of your right arm. He looked at the little scratches that littered your once-clear skin. He turned your arm over and over in his hands, inspecting all of the damage.