Chapter 51 - (3.1K Words)

"Now, I think all of us know that we never had those three minutes to begin with," your aunt said, her tone serious and her eyes dark. "They're probably already in the building and on their way up to meet us. We need to be careful. There cannot be any mistakes made or people will die."

The circle of people solemnly nodded their heads, taking in every word that your aunt said. You blinked and looked down at your feet, tears welling in your eyes.

I just want to go home.

"I don't want to lose any of you," she said, looking from person to person. "We've come too far to let something like this get in our way."

"Why don't you just let me go with Namjoon?" You asked, rolling your head back to look up at her. "If I go with him, nobody has to get hurt. We can avoid all the violence."

Everybody's eyes trained on you. You felt their eyes angrily tear through your skin as if you had said something wrong. You held yourself tall, too upset to care about what they thought. Your aunt adjusted her glasses and gave you a cold glare, causing you to tense up in your seat.

"You are not going with him no matter what," your aunt said, her voice clear and angry. "That is final. Do you understand?"

"He won't hurt me--he couldn't," you defended, shaking your head at her. "If I go with him, no one has--"

"You don't know any of those things," your aunt hissed, instantly silencing you. "I finally have control, and I want it to stay that way. Besides, I am not going to put you through something like that again."

"I didn't steal 100,000 won just for you to throw away our chances," Jimin agreed, crossing his arms over top of his chest. "I was hoping you would find the courage to escape on your own, but I had to intervene."

He did that for me?

"If we lose you, we're right back to square one," Chaerin said, trying to take the pressure of explaining away from your aunt. "No matter what happens here today, we're going to be fine, but only if we can keep you safe."

You nodded solemnly in understanding and felt all of the anger directed at you dissipate. Everyone stopped focusing on you, giving you a chance to collect yourself. Your aunt cleared her throat, bringing everyone's attention back up to her.

"Jaebum, Junior, you are to get her out of here, and get to Wonju as quickly as you can," your aunt ordered. "Youngjae and Bambam should already be there, waiting for your arrival. The rest of us will join you once we get the chance to escape."

They both nodded and waited for her to go on.

"Jimin, you will be with Jackson, and Chaerin, you'll be with me," she continued. "The four of us are going to go through the building and take care of BTS. Mark and Yugyeom will be up in the security tower so that they can watch everything that happens. There should be enough earpieces for everyone to wear one."

She paused for a second and scanned the faces of the people around her. She gave a sharp nod and clapped her hands, signaling that she was done talking.

"You know what we have to do."

The circle of people quickly began to break apart. You watched as everyone except for you, your aunt, and Jiyong moved out of their seats, each moving to take care of something. She gave him a confused look, and you leaned forward in your chair.

"What about me?" He asked, sitting up straight in his chair. "You didn't give me anything to do."

"You can do whatever you want, but you're not our concern anymore," your aunt said, pushing herself out of the chair. "If you want to help us, you can, but then you listen to me and me only. Otherwise, you can take your friend and go back to Daegu."