Chapter 22 - (2.2K Words)

When Jungkook escorted you into the room, only Namjoon and Jimin were sitting at the long table. Yoongi was probably still pouting up in his room, and you knew where Taehyung was. You didn't know if he was awake or not, but that was another story.

Namjoon was seated at the head of the table, and Jungkook made sure that you were directly across from him. Jimin was sitting directly to your left, which left five empty chairs. Just as Jungkook was about to sit down on your other side, Namjoon got his attention.

"Jungkook, have you seen Taehyung?" He asked, folding his hands in front of him. "He's never usually late for dinner."

"He's asleep," Jungkook said, pulling out his chair. "I think that he should be along soon."

"Alright, then. I have a favor to ask of you, so don't sit down quite yet," Namjoon said, watching Jungkook's hand, which was resting on the back of the chair. "Can you go upstairs and bring Yoongi down? Most of us at the table are on bad terms with him."

You saw Jimin's sly smile, and you felt a knot begin to form in your stomach. You had almost forgotten about the incident with Yoongi. Jungkook obediently nodded and headed for the grand staircase in the front room. You watched as he left without making a sound.

Just as soon as he rounded the corner, a very sleepy looking Taehyung had found his way into the room. He yawned loudly and stretched his arms over his head, and you had to try your best not to laugh. His hair was going every which way, and it looked like not even a comb could help him at this point.

He looks cute like that.

"Nice of you to join us, Taetae," Jimin chimed, reaching up and pulling on his sleeve as he walked up beside you. "I took your seat so that I could sit by our lovely (Y/N), but you should still sit beside me."

You blushed and covered your face with your hand. You heard Jimin and Taehyung chuckle at your shyness, which only made you blush harder.

"That's okay, Chimchim, as long as it's for today only," Taehyung said, sitting down beside him. "I'm going to want to sit by her too."

Both of the boys started excitedly talking to each other, and soon they were lost in their own little worlds. You politely folded your hands in front of you, and looked down the long table at Namjoon. He looked the same as you did.

His hands were folded in front of him, and he had a smirk plastered on his face. His eyebrows were raised and he seemed to be watching you. Your eyes met, and you could feel a light blush coming to rest on your cheeks. You motioned to Jimin and Taehyung with your eyes and shoulder. Namjoon nodded, and you could hear him let out a light chuckle.

Boys will be boys, right?

Right.

You looked at the various dishes that were lined up in front of you, and you could feel your stomach growl. You saw a small bowl that had a matching lid, and you wondered what could be inside. You held the fragile lid between your fingers and peered inside.

At that moment, Jungkook came back around the corner and into the room. You instantly dropped the lid, which grabbed the other boys' attention. Jimin put his hand over Taehyung's mouth to silence him. Namjoon took his arms off the table, and Jungkook casually sat down beside you. You unconsciously mimicked them, and took your arms off the table too. You made sure sure that you were sitting up straight in the chair, even though it meant you would be uncomfortable.

As a second thought, you reached your hand to adjust your glasses, but you only felt air. You then remembered that you still had the dumb colored contacts in.