Chapter 21 - (1.9K Words)

You stepped out into the grand hallway and let yourself slowly wander towards the lounge, which was on the other side of the house. You slid past all of the doors and openings that lined the walls of the room.You couldn't begin to grasp how many rooms there were in this house or how big the house really was. There were several different hallways leading away from the main room, and you only knew where two of them lead to.

You passed through the short hallway, and then stepped into the dimly lit room. You saw that the pool table was the same as how you and Yoongi had left it, but one of the cues was missing from the rack on the wall.

I should find that and put it back where it belongs.

You peeked around the couch and saw nothing. You walked to another corner of the room, trying to find where the lost cue could have gone. From where you were standing, you looked at the door to the garage, and you saw something odd laying on the floor. You squinted your eyes, wishing that you could have your glasses back.

Out of curiosity, you moved over to the garage door. Once you were closer, you saw that the strange object on the ground was the missing pool cue. You remembered that Yoongi had set it down on the floor just before you had gone down into the garage together.

You leaned over to pick it up and then held it tightly in your fist. You could feel little grooves in the cue where you were holding it, but you didn't think much of it. You made your way across the room and carefully placed the cue in the only empty spot on the rack. Now, all seven of the pool cues filled the rack. Once you were close enough, you could see little letters etched into the side of each of the cues.

KSJ...MYG...JHS...KNJ...PJM...KTH...JJG...those must be their initials...

You turned around, and looked at the empty room behind you. You looked at the pool table, and noticed that Yoongi's game with Taehyung was still set. It looked as though they hadn't gotten very far to begin with: Only one striped ball had been sunk into the corner pocket.

You sat down on the couch that was just beside the pool table. You had no idea what to do and you had no idea where to go. You didn't want to get in trouble again for exploring, but you also didn't want to just stay in one spot.

I wish I had something to do...

Luckily, it wasn't long before your silent prayers were answered.

"Hey, (Y/N)," you heard somebody walk around the corner. "Have you seen Yoongi? I've got a game of pool with him that I'd like to finish."

"Yeah, he's up in his room," you replied.

"Aw man, did he get in trouble again?" Taehyung asked, leaning against the wall that was opposite the pool table. "He's never up in his room, he's usually always down here playing pool or drinking."

"He, uh, took me down to the garage," you said, hoping that Taehyung would catch on. "He got in trouble with Namjoon, and he stormed up to his room on his own. I haven't seen him since."

"Well, it's no use bothering him then," Taehyung said, flashing you his bruised jawline. "He might get angry if one of us goes up there. Especially me."

"That's probably a good idea," you said, nodding your head.

At least you're not an eggplant.

"But in the meantime, I still need to finish this game," Taehyung said, taking one cue out of the rack. "Do you know how to play pool?"

"I've played before, b-but I'm not very good," you stuttered. "Besides, shouldn't you wait for Yoongi? After all, it's a game between the both of you. He might get mad if you go on without him."