Secrets Revealed

Ethan's POV

My second day here was a lot much easier. I met a lot of new people on my first day but somehow, I found myself always going back to Angie and Jake if I needed help.

They understood me and so I knew before our friendship could go far, I had to tell them my secret before Tobias opens his mouth to the whole school. But I'm hoping for the greater good, he won't.

It was lunch time and I couldn't bare look in Tobias' direction where I knew he was sitting with his friends and that pretty girl.

She was pretty and it looked like he was into her. It hurt me mentally to know last night was just a random kiss in his eyes, but I can't force him to like boys, and I can't force him to like me,

and I'm okay with that. I'm going to have to be.

"You okay?"

I looked up from my half eaten sandwich and looked at Angie. She looked genuinely concerned and I liked that about her. Since yesterday she was by my side and made sure I didn't feel out of place around all the new faces. I'm just hoping and praying that both her and Jake don't find me liking boys that revolting.

"No." I said with a shaky voice. This was like coming out to my parents all over again, accept this time they can reject me and not have to look at me ever again. My parents can't.

"Well, what's wrong?" she asked as she put her hand on top of mine. I looked over at Jake and noticed his dislike towards the hand holding. I slowly took my hand away from hers and put it under the table, "You're scaring me, Ethan."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I just— I'm scared to tell you guys. I like hanging out with you guys and I don't want it to end after I tell you..."

"Are you like a serial killer or something?" She said with a small laugh, trying to lighten the mood.

"No."

"Just tell us, man." Jake said before he took a sip from his water.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, finding the courage to say the words, for the third time.

"I think— well, I know that I'm... Gay." After not hearing anything, I opened my eyes slightly, trying to peak a look at them. Once I did, I saw both Angie and Jake looking at me funny, "Okay, you probably hate me—"

"Yeah, I do!" She shouted. For some reason I felt like crying because although there was a chance she'd hate me, I was really hoping she wouldn't, ".... Why would you scare me like that?!"

A smile formed on my lips as I watched her laugh. It was obvious she didn't really hate me but I was so worried about her actually hating me, I fell for her trap.

"Thank god."

"Did you really think we'd hate you?" Jake asked. I nodded my head sadly. It sounds crazy, but it's normal for people to reject someone once they find out. That's just the world we live in.

"Aw, you're too cute for someone to hate."
Angie said. I smiled up at her and felt a weight lift off my shoulder. But as I looked at her, I noticed someone behind her leaving the lunch room.

Tobias.

Maybe it was the fact that I've been on my toes all day, scared that someone would come up to me and ask for confirmation if I was gay or not, cause Tobias told them.  Or maybe it was cause he was the first I had the gusts to talk to on the first day,