Homophobic

{I'm sorry but the story on top was really cute}
Tobias' POV

"So you like.... like boys now?" Cameron asked curiously. We were all at Ron's house playing video games. We finished playing a couple rounds and for now, we're just chilling in the living room.

"I like a boy now." I corrected. I didn't want them to think too deep into it. I felt like coming out to them would make them second guess everything in our friendship which is something I didn't want to happen.

"True, but have you always liked boys?" Cameron had seemed very interested on the topic, but I didn't care.

"I don't know. All I know is when I met Ethan, I felt way more feelings than I ever did with a guy. Different feelings."

"What about with me?" He questioned, "Not like I'm gay or anything." he said far too quickly. I couldn't help but laugh.

"When I saw you, Cameron. I thought "wow this is a cool guy" and became friends with you. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Cool." With that we ended the conversation and focused on the sound of Cameron's phone beeping. "Who's texting you?"

"Oh, it's just Dylan." he said awkwardly. Suddenly the mood in the entire room switch.

I figured coming out would be difficult for some, although insensitive to think about but that was always a thought in the back of my head. I just didn't think Dylan would be one of the people to cut me off once he knew.

"Oh. . . is he coming?"

"Uh no, I just told him you were here. . . so he's not coming."

"What the fuck?" Ronnie shouted, "Why's he acting like such a bitch?"

"I don't know! Ask him, I'm not Dylan." Cameron defensively shouted back.

"Chill, it's okay. Everything's fine." I assured. Although, everything wasn't fine. One of my best friends isn't talking to me anymore because I came out and said I liked a boy.

+

At school it was really different. At homecoming, after the whole moment with Ethan, we both walked in together holding hands. It was a good night. We danced to as many slow songs as you can count. We messed around and even threw a few kisses in the mix as well. Everyone saw and if they didn't, the ones who did told them. Tobias is dating a boy now, that went around faster than expected.

Finally seeing the man of the hour, well all the hours to me, I walked up and helped him with his bag.

"You know I don't need help right?" Ethan said as he looked up and closed his locker. he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and we started walking down the hall we always walk down to go to 1st period.

"I can't just be a gentleman?" I mused.

"Well sure, why not? But don't be that clique guy who walks the girlfriend to class cause frankly I don't want you being late to your class. . . and I'm also not a girl."

"I figured that last part pretty quickly." That joke caused me a hit to the stomach. I laughed it off and handed him his bag back, "Fine, i'll see you next period."