Birthday Parties

Ethan's POV

The day went by smoothly. I got all my work from my teachers and decided to once again, sit out in gym. Coach whatever his name is, told me the first day was a pass since I didn't know what the gym dress code was. Then he said after today, I would have to start changing regularly.

I already knew this was going to be the one class I would fail, P.E was and will always be my worst subject. I was water and gym was oil, we didn't mix.

I suck at every sport and practically don't know my left foot from my right. My balance is off and honestly, I applaud myself for managing to not trip and fall yet. So why change for a class I know I won't do good at?

But if I'm being honest, the only good thing about gym was having Tobias in this class.

At one point, Ronnie and I were talking about AP Physic, it was one of the classes we had together and the teacher had told us that there was a quiz coming up... Yes a quiz, please shoot me now.

As we were talking, Tobias came up. He was all sweaty from playing basketball but it wasn't a horrible sight to look at.

He looked a little pissed for some reason. He said hi to us normally and engaged in conversation with Ronnie, purposely leaving me out. I was a little confused as to why, Ronnie even tried to put me in the conversation but he would just dodge it.

Maybe something happened and he didn't want me to know...

So I awkwardly stepped away and spent the period, secretly using my phone.

________

Once the last bell of the day rang, I waited for my sister to pick me up.

My sisters got a job as a waitress nearby to start making her own money again. The move was hard for her too since she ended up having to leave her job. I always felt a bit guilty since the move was particularly because of me but after her countless reassurance, I learned to get over it. Usually her shifts end right before school ends and if she's near my school, she'll pick me up.

She texted me saying there was a little traffic but she was near my school. So I sat down and waited, minding my own business.

I killed time by going on PostIt. Angie had tagged me in a photo of her, Jake, and I we all took yesterday. The caption was "Besties" with multiple pink hearts. I double tapped the photo and saw a faded heart pop up. The like count went up to 38.

I was surprised by how high the number was since the post was just recently posted.

I clicked the likes and saw all the different users pop up. But out of all 37... There was only one that caught my eye.

@TeamTobias__

I was a little confused by the name but clicked the profile anyway. Suddenly the whole page lit up with all kinds of photos his posted. He had selfies, photos of nature, him working out, some of a dog, and the most recent one was of him and a little girl hugging.

The caption was "my sis is getting so big." So I knew it was his sibling. Just looking at the photo, all I wanted to do was double tap but I knew he would get suspicious on how I found his account, And I didn't want to have to explain how I'm a stalker and found him.

"Hey!" I looked up and saw the man himself.... Tobias. I flinched my phone screen away so fast, and locked the screen before he could recognized his profile on my phone screen, "you okay?"

"Y-Yeah." I said as I stuffed my phone away.

He sat down next to me and looked at his phone screen before putting it in his pocket. It was silent for a moment until he turned around to face me, with one leg laying on the bench.