Chapter 30 - (2.1K Words)

Start from the beginning

"Then what happened?"

"They left. All of them," he waved his hand in the air, as if pointing out the obvious. "I waited a minute before I went to go back to the bar, but that's when these two asshats jumped me."

Jiyong angrily pointed to Jin and Hoseok, who each gave a different response. Jin only sniffed and looked forward with a stony gaze while Hoseok smiled and waved, as if he was proud of himself. Jiyong scoffed at both of them, and turned back to you.

"And now you're here," you stated, gazing at the concrete room around you. "And you've been here since they brought you in last night."

"Exactly," Jiyong said, smiling pleasantly and nodding his head. "Even though I'm not one for complete and total confinement, it hasn't been all that bad."

"What do you mean?" You asked, tilting your head.

"No matter what happens to me from this point on, I know that I had the pleasure of seeing you one last time before I got sent to hell."

* * * *

"How the hell did you do that?" Jin asked as soon as you were out of the room. "We haven't been able to get a straight answer from him at all. He only told us that he saw Mark and Yugyeom leave Daegu."

"I just listened to him," you said, holding the blindfold over your eyes while Namjoon tied it from behind. "He had some interesting things to say."

"When we tried to question him last time, he didn't do that at all," Hoseok said. "I just don't understand what makes you any different from us. He didn't seem to trust any of us, but he opened up to you for some reason."

You shrugged your shoulders as Namjoon grabbed your hand and pulled you forward. The boys started talking about what you had found out from Jiyong, and you let the steady drone of their voices become background noise in the back of your mind. You didn't need to worry about anything, like they did.

I'm glad that Jiyong is here and safe, even though he's an ass.

Suddenly, something struck you as odd. All of the things that Jiyong had said added up, but there was a piece of information that was missing. It wasn't like Jiyong could have known, but you had figured out what was wrong.

"Namjoon, I just thought of something," you stopped walking and rooted yourself in the floor.

"Listen, Princess, can it wait a second?" He asked, annoyance creeping into his tone. "I don't want to pencil you down for breaking rule thirteen after how you just helped us."

"There were supposed to be three people that got into that car, right?" You ignored him. "But Jiyong didn't know who the third person was."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Hoseok asked, butting into your conversation. "So he didn't know who else was supposed to go with Mark and Yugyeom--what's the big deal?"

"That's exactly it," Namjoon said, realization striking him. "Mark and Yugyeom knew who they were looking for, which is why they went back into Daegu."

"They went back to Daegu to get the third person, because that person didn't know anything about what was going on," you said, covering your mouth with your hand. "I only interacted with one person in Daegu."

"Jiyong is the third person," Namjoon sighed. "It's so unbelievably obvious. How did I miss that?"

"That part doesn't matter," Jin said, joining the conversation too. "All that matters is that we know he was supposed to be the third person, which means that whoever is protecting Mark, Yugyeom, and Jackson also has something to do with him too."

"I bet that's why Youngbae went missing too," you said, shaking your head. "Youngbae was there that day, and he could have seen me. I just don't understand why he disappeared before the rest of them."

"This is all speculation, but after too many coincidences, it all starts to fit together fairly well," Namjoon sighed. "But we can't just stand here all day and try to figure this out."

"And (Y/N)," Jin placed his hand on your shoulder. "Although you've been a tremendous help for us in several ways, we can't ask you to help us with this any more. You don't need to get caught up in what we're doing; it can destroy a person."

"But I want to help!" You said.

You tried to step out from under Jin's hand, but you ended up tripping over your own feet because you couldn't see. Jin quickly steadied you, and sighed.

"That doesn't mean that helping is good for you," Jin said.

"As soon as we get back into the office, you need to forget as much of this as you can," Hoseok said. "You can't go around telling anyone else in the house about him. The three of us, and now you, are the only ones that know about him."

Defeated, you nodded in response to the boys surrounding you. Namjoon lightly patted your back and grabbed your hand. He slowly started pulling you forward again, into the unknown and unseen.