Chapter 2: Hope

Lyanna smoothed out her dress once again. It was stupid but she needed to look presentable for the King's arrival. She would be in big trouble if she did not obey Lady Catelyn, she was very clear when she ordered the girl to be there on time and dressed as a Lady which was beyond ridiculous because she was going to be standing behind the Stark family, along with Jon Snow.

No riding clothes, she muttered.

Lyanna's eyes landed on the King's party that bursted through the gate. Above their heads she could see the crowned Baratheon Stag embedded on the flag.

Her eyes fell on the fat man with a rough face that intimidated any shred of sympathy. She looked over Lord Stark with worry, but his face was still. Her eldest brother was staring intensely at the King as he approched us with his family.

Bran smiled without happiness in his eyes, same as Arya. Little Rickon could not be quiet, too young to stay still.

"Is he the King?" Bran whispered to someone.

Jon Snow replys. "Jaime Lannister. The Kingslayer."

Lyanna couldn't take her eyes from the woman, the queen. Cersei Lannister. She had a long blonde hair that she envy and much prettier eyes. She was powerfull. Once Lyanna wanted to be just like her, strong and independent.

Cersei's eyes found the girl, analyzing each feature. Jaime approched his twin, whispering something into her ear, making Lyanna feel little and weak, stuck under the queen's gaze. Yet the black haired kept her chin up and her back straight, with a big smile on her beautiful lips.

"You have a big treasure here, Ned."

With the sound of the King's words Lyanna noticed the man's presence in front of her, with a much softer face than before. She bowed, whispering Your Highness. Robert kept looking at her, it seemed as if he were admiring each strand of her black hair, each unknown feature.

"What is your name, girl?" King Baratheon asks.

"Lyanna, Your Grace."

Queen Cersei Lannister uttered something that made the King's head turn. A few seconds later, Robert turned his attention to Lyanna again.

"Take me down to your crypt, I want to pay my respects."

Name in tribute to my sister. Ned Stark loved to remind Lyanna whenever he could. The only way to make you a Stark without being a Stark.

Lyanna couldn't help but think how much she wishs Jon had had the same luck. Well at least he has Stark blood, she does not.

All I have is a name of a dead woman I do not deserve, she thought.

"Go on, Lyanna, or Lady Catelyn will get upset." Jon's voice awaked me.

Lyanna nodded with a small grinn.

"Lady Lyanna." A coarse voice called.

The balck haired turned around, seeing Jaime Lannister approchinging them. The kingslayer looked over Jon and then bowed to Lyanna, with her doing the same.

"It's a great pleasure to finally meet you, I hear a lot of stories about The Beauty in the North." Jaime smiled. "Glad to know that they are not just rumors."

"It is a pleasure to meet you too."

~~~

"What are you talking about, girls?" Lyanna approched her sisters.

"Go on, tell her." Arya forced the eldest daughter of the Stark family.

Sansa looked around to make sure no one could hear them. Stating that everyone was just minding their own things, she felt free to speak.

"We are talking about the prince." Sansa whispered.

Lyanna knew immediately who she was refaring to. The blond and tall boy with a arrogant expression. She tried to resist the impulse to roll her eyes. Sansa had had the chance to sit with Joffrey at the party last night. Lyanna, otherwise, had to sit with the squires same as Jon.

"He complimented me. What do you think of him, Lyanna?" The red head enthused . "He is handsome, isn't he?"

"Jon says he looks like a girl." Arya shrugged.

Lyanna moistened her lips to hide a smile.

"He is just jealous because he is a bastard!" Sansa spatted while sewing.

"Sansa! He is your own blood." Lyanna regretted, the very same moment she oppened her mouth, talking to a Lady like that, specially Sansa.

"Lyanna is right. He is our brother." Arya stood up for Jon too.

"Half brother." Sansa corrected, still eyeing the eldest in the room.

"Then what am I?" The balck haired tried not to sound hurt. "I have no Stark blood, he does."

"You are different -" Lady Sansa jumped from her seat.

" - Jon is more Stark than I am. That is the only difference."

Lyanna turned her back on Sansa. She knew she could get in serious trouble for talking like that to a girl of her statute but what could she lose? Her name? Lady Catelyn already hated her, there's not much more she could lose.

The girl caressed the muzzle of her little cub, not so little now. The wolf's big eyes watching her mistress, waiting for an order. The balck haired stepped away, the cub standing still, until she snapped her fingers.

"Good girl." Lyanna smiled.

The direwolf was starting to learn her mistress orders and it was a beautiful thing to witness. Her ears rose when she heard grunts. Lyanna looked up to see Rickon and Bran training, their wolves only a few feet away from them. She decided to take a sit, being able to watch her brothers.

"Sit." The girl ordered and her cub took the place next to her.

Lyanna complimented the wolf once more while she shook her glorious tail. Another direwolf approched, his fur more lighter than the girl's cub's and his eyes looked like gold, starting playing with her direwolf. Grey Wind, Robb's cub.

"Something wrong, sister?" Robb asked from his sister's back, wondering why she alone out there.

Lyanna looked over her shoulder, being welcome with a big smile. The boy sat down next to her and so she gave him the best smile she could but it didn't convinced him.

"Just something Sansa said."

Robb does not ask anything, feeling satisfied with the small outburst coming from Lyanna. So he just kept watching the mess their direwolves were making. The girl's cub was growing up more than her brother's, and she loved the way her direwolf was careful while playing with the other.

"Does she have a name already?"

Lyanna shook her head. "No. I tried to think of one but nothing came up."

The black haired turned her attention back to the direwolves playing with each other, hoping she was not gonna spend the rest of her life calling the wolf by cub or direwolf, however the simple names seemed sweet to her.

"And Hope?"

"What about it?" Robb looked with confusion at his sister, not quite understanding what she was talking about.

"Call her Hope." Lyanna smiled.

"Hope seems great." Her brother agreed.