Chapter 24: Bend The Knee

CERSEI

All Cersei Lannister felt was pain, and all she wanted was for her child to come into the world and for the storm to end. Wind was blowing in her ears, swaying the canopy, and she closed her eyes. The rain falling with rage from the sky. It was as if the storm were punishing the world, but still her screams were heard, above all the noise.

Cersei's screams filled the room, and she clung to her twin's hand tightly, hoping the deadly pain would cease. She had been like that for six hours, starting shortly after the storm began, and Cersei took it as a sign of pride. My son will be a warrior, she thought, looking at Jaime, just like your father.

Her muscles contracted and with a final push, she was finally able to feel her child emerge from the safety of her womb. The servants and Grand Master Pycelle were calling to her, but Cersei did not care.

"You're doing beautifully." Jaime encouraged.

She looked at him with her green eyes closed as he shook her hand.

"Push, it's the last one."

With one last scream, the child was born. She shakily propped herself up with all the strength as Grand Master Pycelle held her child, and Cersei eyed him with anger in her eyes. He is mine, she thought as the Master passed her child to a midwife, that is my little lion cub.

"Congrats, Your Grace." Master Pycelle said, as the midwife placed the child in Cersei's arms, "It is a girl."

A girl?, Cersei thought, looking down at her child. Gran Master Pycelle escorted Jaime and the midwives out of the Queen's chambers, claiming she had to rest. 

A smile appeared on Cersei's face, my little lioness. She reached for the small blanket that covered the child's face, in desesperation to see her daughter. A child for Jaime and me, a true Lannister, she thought.

However, her heart shattered, as she looked down at her child with small ringlets of black hair and green eyes, and she shook her head. This is not Jaime's child!, Cersei wanted to scream, This is not my little cub! I cannot raise this child! The anger faded when her daughter looked up at her with complete adoration.

"It's ok, my little cub." Cersei whispered, thinking to herself that perhaps she could raise that child, "You have my mother's eyes. I shall raise you to be a lioness, you will not become a mirror of your father. Nor will I let him force you to become that she-wolf, Lyanna. I promise you." 

Two days passed and Cersei broke her promise, letting her twin, Jaime Lannister, take the girl and throw her to a pack of wolves, The Starks, that raised her to be everything Cersei never wanted, a mirror not of her father, but of the she-wolf, Lyanna Stark, with the same name and the same strenght. 

"How long are you keeping her there?" Jaime approached his sister, "It's been ten days."

"Until I decide it's day to cut off her head." She drank her wine fiercely, "Don't come tell me I should let her live."

"Why was Tyrion locked away as well?" He asked her, "He didn't do anything wrong."

"He helped her, the guards weren't there, so I suppose he had a hand in that matter. He always liked her. The way he speaks of Lyanna, the admiration in his eyes. Our brother always had a thing for broken toys, perhaps because he's one himself."

"Joffrey was - ."

"She cut off his head!" Cersei stood up abruptly with anger in her eyes, "Our first born son, our golden lion. She killed the King, that's treason!"