Chapter 3: I thought he could fly

Lyanna found herself drinking wine like a tavern man, but that was when she was feeling brave enough to survive the rest of the King's party that had turned the hall in a array of color. The direwolf of Stark, the Baratheon crowned stag, and the lion of Lannister.

Queen Cersei was surely the grandest of them all, as beautiful as the song said. A red jeweled tiara gleamed amidst her long golden hair. Though, it was King Robert who was the great disappointment. The fierce and unfazed demon of the Trident, was now nothing more than a great, fat man, red and purple face under his beard.

"I wonder if he knows how awful he looks." A deep voice came from behind, causing Lyanna to look over her shoulder. "I mean, he must realize. He must."

Tyrion Lannister, Lyanna remarked to herself, as the youngest son of Lord Tywin stood next to her, causing her to raise an eyebrow, as a smirk slowly made it's way into her face.

"King Robert's sadness seems to have consumed him." Lyanna commented, as she gazed down at the small man. "I happen to find him alright, despite the sadness that surrounds him. He is not a bad kind."

"I imagine he will like you as well." Lord Tyrion stated.

"And what does that mean?" The girl inquired, her eyebrow lifting slightly.

"Your name is Lyanna. You remind him of his dead love." The dwarf rose his cup. "You must have heard the stories."

Lord Stark's sister, Lyanna thought as her eyes met Tyrion's. She had died at a very young age. Ned had loved her with all his heart, and the black haired could see it in his face sometimes when he does not call her, but calls his sister.

Robert Baratheon had loved even more than her foster father ever could, Lyanna was to be his bride, and she knew Queen Cersei Lannister was never able to fill the darkened hole in Robert's heart.

Lyanna used to ask Lord Stark to tell her his sister's story every night when she was a child.

"Isn't the wine wonderful?" She took a sip.

"Yes, it is." Tyrion agreed, with a smirk. "Perhaps that is the reason why you are drinking it so fiercely."

"Perhaps." Lyanna said, looking on at him with admiration. "I think more wine is a good option."

"I like your thinking, girl." Lord dwarf said, chuckling.

~~~

Another night had passed, thanks to the gods.

"Lyanna, please!" Bran pleaded. "I promise it is the last time!"

"That was what you said the last time." Lyanna turned her back on the boy.

Bran was not satisfied with the answer, so he rushed after his eldest sister. Once he was close enough, he grabbed her riding clothes, making her turn around with a chuckle.

"Come on, sister, please." The young Stark hugged her once she stopped.

She sighed. "Fine. I will go."

Brandon could not be more happy. He missed the old days when he and Lyanna used to slipp out and climb things.

However, one day Lady Catelyn found out and so she yelled so much at the girl, as if it had been her idea to go climb, that Lyanna started refusing Bran's pleadings. The boy thought that the reason was that his sister was growing up and wanted no more games since Lyanna never told him the truth.

"Careful, those stones are slippy." Lyanna warned her younger brother.

Bran chuckled. "I'm better at this than you, Lyanna."

Hope and Summer were both agitated while looking at their owners that kept climbing the tower. Bran was ahead of Lyanna that started a while after him, so he arrived first at the window. She noticed that her brother was quiet and didn't get in, so she started to get suspicious.

"Bran, are you alright?" Lyanna asked, worried.

Nothing came from the boy's mouth. The next thing she remembers is seeing Brandon trying to get back and climb down, but she also sees a hand pulling him up again. Her green eyes widened while she was trying to climb faster to get to him.

Then Lyanna heard voices, none of them belonged to Bran. Her heart filled with a bad feeling and her mind was sick worried with her brother. That was also the very same moment the girl saw her brother's body falling from the window. 

In that moment I swear, I thought he could fly. But he didn't, she thought.

"Bran!" Lyanna's cry reached King's Landing.

A cut in her leg was all she got while climbing down in a hurry, she had jumped half the tower. Lyanna knelt beside Bran, grabbing his body and crying out for help.

Their wolves ran away from them in a hurry to call someone.

Lyanna's eyes were spleens with no more tears to shed.