Chapter 17: War

A/N: Please, read the note in the end, hope you enjoy!

LYANNA

"Killing Jaime Lannister would not buy life for your children, but returning him to King's Landing may buy life for mine."

Lyanna heard Lady Catelyn's broken voice. She was there when it happened, when the Lady let the Kingslayer go home and even if it wasn't the best way to return Sansa to them it was still better than having him dead at their watch.

"Jaime Lannister has played you for a fool. You've weakened our position. You've brought discord into our camp. And you did it all behind my back." Robb accused. "Make sure she's guarded day and night."

"Robb." Lyanna drew everyone's attention. "Your mother had no intentions in betraying you."

"You knew?" The King narrowed his eyes.

"It was the only way. The Karstarks were going to kill him before we even got the chance to get Sansa back." She explained.

"And we deserve it! He murdered my son!" Lord Karstark yelled. "We're fighting Lannisters, not saving them."

"I understand you, My Lord. But-"

"But what?! What do you know about war, girl?" The man spat. "You're one of them! We shouldn't even trust you!"

Lyanna looked way from the Karstark, staring at Robb instead. She waited for him to say something, to intervene in her favor, like he always did. She waited and waited but nothing came out of his mouth.

"Your Grace." One man entered the tent. "We've sent forty men after the Kingslayer."

"Send more forty and the fastest horses."Robb commanded.

The King turned his back on the ladies, walking away, but before he could reach the daylight he looked at Lyanna.

"We'll talk about this later." He promised. "Guard Lyanna as well."

Lyanna didn't believe there was much more to talk, her brother had made very clear his opinion. And she didn't blame him, she was just hurt.

That night Lyanna dreamed of Winterfell, all her family were there.

The fantasy playing in her head. She tried to reach out for a touch to calm her restless soul. She tried to reach out for the love they lost. Lyanna knew she was still that little bare feet girl running around, wearing riding clothes. Nobody told her but she still heard a wolf inside her chest, and she was glad it was still there, because with that she knew she was still a Stark.

"Any letters?" Lyanna passed through the guards.

"Not for you, no." Catelyn kept her head down. "Expecting a letter from Joffrey?"

"Not quite." She sighed.

"Something wrong, Lyanna?" Lady Stark narrowed her eyes.

"I just hoped I could get us some help for the war." Lyanna explained. "I was wrong."

The girl knew Jon wasn't the kind of man to break promises, or vows. He loved his honor too much, just like his Father. However, Lyanna thought that maybe Robb's war was more important that honor, that Jon would break his vows for his family.

Another night passed. Lyanna dreamed of death and blood, of war.

She dreamed of her brother Robb and his lover, she saw Lady Catelyn too. And oh gods, how many lives were lost, how many families were torn apart, and all for what?