Chapter 21: Darkness

TYRION

"You just sent the most powerful man in Westeros to bed without his supper."

Tyrion was just standing there, facing his father. The same father who had never loved him, at least not the way a father should love son, not the same way he loved Jaime.

"You're a fool if you believe he's the most powerful man in Westeros." Tywin told him.

"A treasonous statement." He mocked, "Joffrey is the king."

"You really think a crown gives you power?" The Hand of the king spoke.

Tyrion sat down, "No. I think armies give you power. Robb Stark had one, never lost a battle, and you defeated him all the same." With a look from his father, he continued, "I know. Walder Frey gets all the credits. Or the blame, I suppose, depending on your alligiance."

A minute of silence wondered around the room.

"Walder Frey is many things, but a brave man? No." Tyrion pointed, "He'd never risk such an action if he didn't have certain assurances."

"Which he got from me." Tywin confirmed, "Do you disapprove?"

"I'm all for cheating. This is war. But to slaughter them at a wedding..."

"Explain to me why is it more noble to kill 10000 men in battle than a dozen at a dinner." His father requested.

"Do that's why you did it? To save lifes?" The Imp wondered.

"To end the war. To protect the family." The Hand of the king explained, "Do you want to write a song for the dead Starks? Go ahead, write one. I'm in this world a little while longer to defend the Lannisters, to defend my blood."

"The northeners will never forget. Lyanna will never forget." Tyrion leaned over the large table, "Do you remember her? She's your blood as well."

"Lyanna is a traitor that we have to deal with, later." Tywin spat, "Let her not forget. Let her remember what happens when they threat the south."

"She's not going to stop." The Imp insisted, "She wants revenge for her father and brother and mother."

"Lyanna is the least of our problems." The Lord gestured, "She will fall on her own, she's just a child."

"You're underestimating her."

"Am I? All the Stark men are dead. Winterfell is a ruin. Roose Bolton will be named Warden of the North until you son by Sansa comes of age." Tywin stood up, "Now tell me, what has Lyanna felt?"

LYANNA

FEW DAYS LATER...

Lyanna woke up with Asher's arms around her. Their bodies were bare between the sheets and pillows. The previous night, her mind had been open, naked to him. He had seen more of her soul than of her naked body, more than she ever wanted him to see.

The things she had done. Who she had became.

Lyanna freed herself from his gasp, walking then to the set of clothes carefully placed on the small bench, it had been left there by one of the maids the previous day. It was her armour without steel, but it was hers.

She recalled the last few days, when she sat at the writing table with a blank paper in front of her and a feather on her right hand. So, Lyanna started writing her anger into the letter.

You can not kill me, Your Grace.

When she wrote the first words, she looked down at her direwolf that was already staring deep into her green eyes. So she continued.