Chapter 25: Revenge

LYANNA

Lyanna lost count of how many days had passed since she was sailing the sea along side noble man and a new friend - Fraser. It is indeed hard to find trustworthy men in times like that, and even before that, but there she was, sharing her bread, wine and wisdom. 

"I'm afraid this is your stop." Fraser bowed, "My Princess."

"Call me Lioness Of Winterfell, and I'll be happier." 

"When you meet each other again, I shall." 

The young man held her white hand, and helped her out of the ship. One more look, one more farwell and the ship was sailing again. Lyanna turned around, eyes everywhere, and soon she saw the tavern, and her heart tightned with how much she missed Hope. 

Lyanna pulled the green hood over her head, the ends of the dress up and started walking. She could almost feel how close her direwolf was, so close. But before the dark-haired girl could reach the tavern, a man was sitting down on a rock with Hope by his side. 

The direwolf ran to her, and Lyanna knelt to be able to pull Hope into a hug. It was incredible to realize that her cub, not so much a cub anymore, still had the snow smell stuck in her fur - Arya's and Sansa's smell, Jon's, even Bran's and Rickon's but not Robb's nor Eddard's, she was afraid that the their smell had been lost forever, at least for her. 

"Lyanna Baratheon, Lyanna Lannister, Lyanna Stark, Lioness of Winterfell." He stood up, and approached, "Who is the girl returning from Kingslanding?"

"Asher Forrester." A smile opened on her face, "Though you'd wait for me at your Castle."

"Or is it Kingslayer?" 

"Whatever you call it." Lyanna sighed, "I ended his shameful reign."

"I remember seeing you as a chil back at Winterfell, my father went there to talk about some Northerner trouble with Ned Stark." Asher remembered, "You were so kind..."

"I do not regret everything that I have done." 

"You could have died if Jaime Lannister had not sent us a raven to go rescue you with one of our ships." He was mad now, "I could have lost you. Killing does not mend a broken heart."

"They inflicted me more wounds than I can count, my skin is full with scars the men they sent after me did." Lyanna told him with anger in her voice, "I seek revenge and nothing more."

Scars and more scars. Lyanna started to wonder a while back if it was wrong to be proud of them, each and little one of them. 

Asher shook his head slowly, "Aren't you tired of blood and death, Lyanna?" 

"If I want peace, I have to go to war." She told him, "You know that."

"Peace and War? This is just you and your mother fighting to see who hurt each other more, fighting for that stupid little crown that - ."

"This is not about the crown! I do not wish to be Queen!" Lyanna closed her eyes for a second, "I was not raised to be that cold."

"I think you would make a perfect Queen, in that matter." Asher called her attention, "Look at you  now. Look what you have become. The perfect weapon. That's what they made you."