Chapter 5: When you see me again

"You said goodbye to Bran?" Robb joined his brother on the walk. "He's not going to die. I know it."

"You Starks are hard to kill." Jon replied.

"My mother?" The eldest stopped.

"She was very kind." The bastard kept doing his things.

"Good. After what happened with Lyanna, I had my doubts." Robb confessed. "I am worried about her."

Snow looked at his brother. "Why?"

"She usually waits for me for breakfast. Today she ate with Princess Myrcella."

"She is just making some friends, she is going to King's Landing after all." Jon shrugged, his voice a bit cold.

"Who are you to judge? You are taking the black." Robb accused. "And you didn't even told her."

Jon's eyes avoided his older brother's ones, his heart already aching with the memories of the night before.

"You told her, didn't you?" Cately'n son figured.

"She cried and I left. I've never seen her cry." The bastard looked at his feet as if they were the most amazing thing in all the seven Kingdoms. "Only when Bran fell."

"Lyanna loves you, brother." Robb smiled sadly. "You should give her a proper goodbye. For both of you."

~~~

"Mother, I'm so happy I found you." Myrcella smiled broadly. "Come with me, I want to introduce you to someone."

Cersei amidred her daughter's green eyes, letting herself go.

"Mother, this is Lyanna."

The long dark hair was what stopped the Queen first, but then the girl turned around and it was like seeing her wrapped in all the sheets, bloody sheets.

"She is very sweet, and she likes to ride, isn't it Lyanna?" Myrcella was beyond excited.

"Your grace." Lyanna bowed, gracefully. "I am sorry but is there something wrong, your grace?"

"Myrcella, go find your brother."

And with that the golden girl bounced away. Lyanna gave her a small nod before she disappeared from her sight.

"If I offended you in any way, your grace-" The girl began to apologize.

Cersei was perplexed, contempling the sharp features of Lyanna.

"No... You are stunning, beautiful."

Lyanna smiled with surprise, suspicion in her eyes. The Queen was known for her indifference, not sympathy.

"Thank you."

"Can you walk with me, child?" Cersei asked.

Lyanna couldn't say no to the queen, though she really wanted too. The Lannister wrapped her arm around the girl's arm, all the way away from the worker's noise.

All kinds of thoughts dancing in Cersei's mind, all kinds of memories.

"It's everything to your liking, Your Grace?" Lyanna broke the silence.

"Yes, child. Myrcella took an affection for you." Cersei remarked.

" I do not know why. I'm just a girl from the North." Lyanna returned. "But Princess Myrcella is a radiant and very sweet child."

"As you." Cersei smiled.

~~~

"We'll talk about your mother." Eddard Stark looked Jon in the eye. "I promised."

They both nodded.

A figure approched them, making Ned look over his shoulder in order to find his foster daughter, a little smile dancing in her lips. He knew how hard this was for her and for the bastard, they grew up as outsiders together and he also knew how much they loved each other.

"Seems like someone wants to say goodbye." Lord Stark walked away.

Jon looked back, seeing Lyanna riding her horse in her beautiful blue dress. He wold not say goodbye to her sitting on his horse, so he leaves the horse and approches Lyanna, with her doing the same.

"This isn't exactly fair, you know." The black haired said.

"Life is not fair." Jon came closer to her.

"Be careful out there, Jon." Lyanna whispered.

The girl's hand reached up to stroke his cheek gently. She saw the moisture in his eyes but said nothing. She knew exactly how he felt, how he was fighting against the tears, because she was doing the same.

"I will."

"You'll came back, right?" She smiled with his sad nod. "Promise?"

"Promise."

Lyanna stood on her toes and gave Jon one last hug, both of them inhaling each other's smell. They distanced themselves just enough to look at each other's eyes. Their noses touching, their breaths speeding up.

Jon closed his eyes because he knew that if he looked at her for one more second he would kiss her, and if he kissed her he would never let her go. Lyanna understood, almost as if she read his mind, and smiled, pulling away.

"You will kiss me when you see me again." Lyanna admired the bastard's eyes.

Snow chuckled. "That seems like a good reason for me to come back."

Jon watched helplesssly as she rode her horse, joining Lord Stark, tears now falling from his eyes. Once she was far way, the boy rode his own horse, fighting to not look back.

You will kiss me when you see me again, that words sticking in his mind like a mantra, like a promise.