Chapter 4: I'm leaving

"Lady Catelyn." Lyanna greeted at the entrance of the room.

"Get out." That was all she said.

Lyanna began walking further into the room, closer to Bran and his mother, a shocked look on her face. She saw him fall and she did nothing, despite the bad feeling she had in her heart.

The woman looked up at the girl. "I said get out."

"I just came to see Bran, I'm-"

"You're the one to blame!" Catelyn stood up with tears streaming down her tired face. "I warned you once about the climbing! You led my son to his death!"

"No, I swear, Lady Catelyn, there was someone in the tower. I heard voices. Someone pushed Bran out of that Tower, I'm telling you - " Lyanna was desperate.

" - Stop lying, child! You always want to blame someone else!" The read headed cried.

"Bran is my little brother, I would never-" The girl began.

"No." Lady Stark denied, her voice breathless, as she shook her head. "That is where you are wrong. He has three brothers and two sisters. You are nothing. You and the bastard should have fallen from that tower! Do you understand?!"

The tears made Lyanna's eyes shine, the reflection of Cately's hate was there. She did not realize what was happening. Things were being shouted towards her, horrible things. And a figure broke through the room, grabbing her body and pulling her away from Brandon's bed. It was Lord Stark, she realized.

Now things were being shouted at Catelyn Stark, not such horrible things as those that had been yelled at Lyanna, but the screams were horrible.

Lady Stark was not wrong. Bran's fall had been in part her fault, she knew.

~~~

Lyanna was packing in her room. Lord Stark had told her she was leaving with him and the girls to King's Landing after he had dragged her all the way from Brandon's room. Lyanna was not sure that was a decision he had already made or if he made it the moment he saw his wife Catelyn screaming at her.

"I heard what happened." Robb was quiet.

"I bet every part of Winterfell heard." The girl whispered.

"I am so terrible sorry, Lyanna." The eldest Stark came closer.

"You should not be, Robb." She smiled sadly.

"I love you as I love my sisters."

Lyanna looked at him for the first time. "And I you."

Before they realize, they were hugging each other. It seemed more like a goodbye then a simple comfort act. They were gonna be apart for gods knows how long, for the very first time.

They had been raised together, they had grew up together, all of them. And now they were growing apart.

~~~

Lyanna was walking through the garden, searching for her loyal Hope, when she found Snow with his own cub, Ghost. They were both seated in some stairs made of wood.

"Jon, are you alright?" She asked, sitting by his side and caressing his shoulder.

"Lyanna, yes I am, just tired." He replied.

Although Jon refused to look at her, she could still see small tears swaying on his long eyelashes.

"Go on, Snow.. All of our siblings are acting weird. No one will tell me. Speak to me, you are my best friend."

Lyanna looked at him fondly.

Even with the pale moonlight spread among her features, she's beautiful, he thought. Her green eyes similar to emeralds contrasts with her long dark hair that Jon had played with so many times.

Somehow, tonight, everything Lyanna felt for Jon was overflowing. Seeing him in such a deep sadness was breaking her heart in a way she never thought was possible.

"I don't belong here. I have to join the Night's Watch, Lyanna. I need to leave Winterfell. Uncle Benjen said that he will take me with him." Jon finally looked at her, his eyes full of tears.

Lyanna jumped from her seat. "No! Jon Snow, you have no right to leave me."

The black haired knew she was going away to King's Landing but that was different, she could came back anytime she wanted, all she had to do was ride her horse up North. The Night's Watch was different, Jon would never be able to come back in short time, unless he wanted to be beheaded like the deserter Lord Stark had executed.

Lyanna was never seeing Jon Snow again.

"You do not understand Lyanna, Lady Catelyn hates me. I do not deserve this life." Jon said coldly.

"What?! She yelled at me! Saying I should have fallen from that tower and not Bran." Lyanna cried.

Jon brought together all the strength that was left in him and forced himself to look away from Lyanna's tears since it was cutting his heart into a million pieces.

These had been the reason why any of the Starks had told Lyanna that the bastard was leaving.

"I'm leaving, Lyanna. And there is nothing in all the Seven Kingdoms that you can do to stop me." Jon got up and walked away.