Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The sun beat down on me and a light sheen of sweat covered my forehead. I held a beer in my hand but I had barely taken a sip out of it. The party scene was never my thing so I had been surveying the party from the edges slowly making my way around the crowd. Even though it was still mid-afternoon the party was already in full swing. Sorry “gathering”. A plethora of cans of every type of alcohol were stacked on a table that the guests had brought. A few people had already had one too many drinks and were stumbling around laughing and talking too loudly. A crowd of people danced in the yard grinding on each other. Most of the girls here were only in bathing suits and short skirts, the guys were all in board shorts and shirtless. Unfortunately only a few shirtless guys actually were able to pull off the look. Some of the guys already had a beer belly hanging over their shorts. The guys were dancing with drunken girls who had no idea who they were grinding on. I rolled my eyes at the drunken people. Already this “gathering” was way bigger than Krista and Hannah had told me it would be.

An arm snaked around my waist. I cringed at the thought of some drunken stranger touching me.

"Hello," a voice whispered in my ear. I turned around and my eyes widened in surprise as I saw who it was. 

"What are you doing," I hissed. I tried to push him off me but even in his intoxicated state he was still way stronger than me.

"You know you want this," he whispered sloppily kissing my neck. I could smell the beer on his breath and wrinkled my nose in distaste. I hated that smell. I tried harder to push him off.

"Stop," I said trying to pry his arm off of my waist. 

"No, I don't want to," he pouted and I couldn't help but smile at him, he was adorable when he was drunk. I stopped myself, I wasn’t supposed to like this I was supposed to be mad at him so I pushed at him again but his lips found my sweet spot right where my shoulder and neck intersected. I stifled a moan as he scraped his teeth along my skin.

"No," I told him again trying to sound stern as I tried to push him away.  I couldn’t push hard enough or maybe I really didn’t want him to go but I knew that this was wrong and I told myself that even though his lips were magical he shouldn’t be doing this. 

"No one will kno-ow," he said pulling the hair tie out of my hair and tangling his fingers in it. I moaned at how good it felt. The small voice in my head telling me this was wrong slipped further and further away with each kiss he planted.

"Oh my god!" I heard a girl shriek and looked to see a girl staring at me. Her voice was like a bucket of cold water dumped over me and shocked me enough to push the idiot hanging off me away. I stormed away and hoped no one had seen me except that one girl. Even if it was only one girl she would probably tell someone what she had seen. I took a gulp of the beer in my hand to try and take the nerves away. I scrunched my nose in distaste as the beer slid down my throat.

“Liz!” Hannah said appearing beside me. “Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you! Come on we are doing shots!” she giggled and pulled my arm towards a crowd of people.

“No thanks,” I tried to protest but she didn’t listen as she pulled me to the table.

“You have to catch up.” She said to me. “Five shots for Lizzy here, the bestest fried ever!” she screamed and I cringed. She had already been drunk when the first guests had arrived because of the pre-drinks.

 Some guy who seemed to be acting as the bartender handed me a shot glass. He was kind of good looking, he had short brown hair and was built pretty nicely. He had a flat stomach but unfortunately no abs but his amazing arms made up for it. If I was a little more slutty I probably would have thought up running my tongue along his tattooed arms.  

I took it but didn’t plan on drinking the shots in front of me. No one noticed as I placed the shot glass on the table. Everyone was laughing loudly at some joke being told but I didn’t listen.

“Oh my god you will never believe what Jenny saw!” a small girl said running over to us. She wore only a bikini and some platform flip flops. I don’t know how she was running in heels especially since it was obvious she was drunk.

“What?” Hannah asked, she loved gossip and was immediately drawn in by what the girl had to say.

“She saw a guy kissing a girl!” she exclaimed excitedly.

“Who?” Krista asked now interested. The girl looked at us confused for a moment and I could tell that the alcohol was affecting her memory.

‘It was a guy with a girlfriend…” she trailed off looking confused.

“Was he kissing his girlfriend,” Hannah asked.

The girl snapped her fingers, “that’s it he was kissing a different girl it was…” she looked around again and when her eyes landed on me they widened a little. She opened her mouth to speak but I beat her to it.

“Shots!” I exclaimed and everyone looked over at me “we need more shots,” I said. I looked at the bartender guy and he started pouring them. He handed one to me and I quickly passed out the rest. “On three,” I said raising my glass. Everyone stared at me and I was scared they would start talking to the girl again but then a new guy came over who was wasted and started screaming and laughing and grabbed a shot. I threw mine back and watched as everyone else did too.

“Another,” the drunk guy exclaimed throwing the glass down like Thor. Everyone around laughed and new shots were poured. I let out the breath I had been holding that was close. I turned and walked away from the table and started walking toward the path that led to the lake. I needed a minuet to myself. I looked at my hands and saw them shaking a little. If anyone found out I would be screwed. No one could know. I couldn’t mess up like that again. What had I been thinking? Why did I let him kiss me when there were people all around? Never again I swore to myself. I for that moment I really believed it.