Letting you down easy

Hayley's POV (and see attached video to get her reference):

"So, who's the guy opening for us on Parahoy again?" I look over to my left where my band mate, Taylor, is sitting on the couch strumming chords on his guitar. "Um, I believe it's that guy from American Idol, like top 3 or something. Dalton... Rapattoni. Yeah, seems like a cool dude, and he can sing." I nod my head. "All right, cool. I guess I'll go stalk him for a bit, so I know who's traveling with us." So I get up from my chair and grab my laptop from my bedroom.

"Hey Taylor, look at this! He just totally REVAMPED the classic that is 'Eleanor Rigby'. It's like totally punk-ified." I plop down next to Taylor on the couch and he watches the clip from the competition of Dalton singing. "Woah, you're right! That's actually pretty epic!" "Right though?!? Yep. I think we'll get along just fiiiiiiiine."

For some weird reason, I couldn't peel the smile off of my face while I watched video clips of him singing for the next 4.5 hours. His voice cut through the music and transformed it in a way that I definitely can't. Or really, I've never seen anyone do.

"Hey, slow your roll Hayley. Maybe you should meet the guy before you start drooling..." I glare at Taylor and roll my eyes. "Well duh, silly. It's totally professional. I just know talent when I see it." "Uhmhmmmmmm...."

Taylor didn't seem to buy my lame facade. The guy has been my best friend since literally middle school when we started the band. Actually, he and a couple other guys that were the founding members of Paramore didn't even really want a girl in the band. Ha ha I was literally so nervous about it. But hey, it worked out for the best. Of course, the Farro bros have since left the band, along with Jeremy, but Taylor doesn't have plans to leave - he's devoted to Paramore, and so am I. And the others are welcome back anytime, they know that. So yeah, it's all good. In fact, Zac said that he wanted to rejoin us for the Parahoy cruise, so that's pretty dope.

I roll my eyes and shake my head at him. "Think what you want, but I said what I said. And now I have to go pack. I'll see you at the boat, Taylor." He smirks at me. "Yeah all right, see you then." And he lets himself out my front door.

I go to my closet and grab some necessities to start: about five different pairs of Doc Martens, a bunch of skinny jeans, and various tops and choker necklaces. Ughhhh I almost forgot my makeup bag!!! That's definitely a necessity too. Oh, and my color-safe shampoo. That'd be a disaster to forget! It takes a lot of effort to keep my bright neon yellow hair in tip-top condition.

An hour later, I'm done packing, and I go to sleep early, the way I always do before an extended concert, to get energy for the shows ahead of me. Only thirty-six hours until I meet this Dalton guy. And I can't wait.