'Cause you're on your own in the real world

Hayley's POV:

"All right guys!!! That's it from us! Have a fantastic night, we'll see you tomorrow for the epic, totally amazing finale of Parahoy!" And then I run off the stage as the lights flicker signaling the end of the show.

"Hayley, wanna get dinner in 20?" Taylor caught up behind me and is toweling off his face. Man, that dude sweats a lot. "Well, I'm actually meeting Dalton for dinner, so I'll have to pass. I'll talk to you later though!" "Ooh a date?!? Have fun... But not too much fun." I roll my eyes. Why does everyone assume I'm going to do something stupid? I have values, after all. "Ha ha okay. Yeah, see ya!" I make my way over to my cabin with my security detail around me to keep the migrating fans from bombarding me on their way to the dinner buffet.

Wow, I wish I had one of my gal pals with me... I sure could use some date outfit advice. Hmmm, I think I'll just do something casually cute, yet nice. I take a shower to rinse the sweat off (putting on a show is quite the cardio workout - seriously, after five consecutive days of Parahoy, my abs have never looked better). And after rummaging though my suitcase of clothes, I decide on a black skater skirt, my neon pink fish-net stockings (we are on a boat, after all), my black short-sleeved blouse with sparkly buttons, and my white Doc Martens to finish off the look. Then I add my favorite black choker necklace, some chic earrings, and minimal eye makeup. Well, I guess this is as good as it's gonna get! But it sure is fun... I was worried since I didn't bring any specific "date clothes" with me, as I was just planning on bringing whatever I needed for my shows. But I think I pulled something decent together, regardless. And it's not too fancy, or too casual, so it's good for anything, I figured.

I grab my simple small, black purse and stash my iPhone, gum, wallet, and room key in it. Then I wait for Dalton to come to my door. It's 6:58, so he should be here any minute. I sit by the window and look at the darkening night sky and the undulating waves of the ocean. I really do like being on a boat, it's so calming and peaceful.

Before long, I hear knocking on the door and open it to see a very handsome Dalton dressed in black jeans, his typical black Converse high-tops, and a navy-blue patterned shirt. It actually makes his blue eyes really pop. "Wow, you look great, Hayley." I can feel myself blushing but I don't bother to stop it. "You look great too!" He offers me his arm, and we make our way to one of the fancier eateries on deck. "Now, this is the part where I would pick you up in my snazzy black sports car, but since we're on water right now that's not really an option..." I smile at his joke, but really, I'm noticing more his strong arm in mine and how good it feels just being with him.

"  I smile at his joke, but really, I'm noticing more his strong arm in mine and how good it feels just being with him

"Rapattoni, table for two?" We get to the restaurant and Dalton checks us in. "This way, please." We are led to a small table in the back surrounded in three sides by curtains. Definitely a smart idea, as this place is quite literally swarming with fans and I went without my security detail, since I'd figured I'd be with Dalton. Plus, that'd be beyond awkward to have a bunch of tough, muscular dudes floating around while we ate and talked.

"So Hayley, what do you think about what my manager said?" Dalton wastes no time getting right to the point about the elephant in the room. "Um, well, I honestly would still really like to sing with you and tell the fans about... Us. I think it's a risk we should take." Dalton nods slowly, trying to process what I'm saying, but I can tell he's nervous about it. "Yeah, I'd really like that too. But how do you think the fans would react?" I bite my lip. "I really doubt it would be a bad reaction. Of course, there will always be those haters that you can never please. But any average fan probably would be supportive..."

"I have an idea..." Dalton says in between bites of his breadstick. "How about we sing a song together, but don't tell them about us being together. Then if they figure it out on there own, it'll create a buzz for both of us, but we won't have to let the cat out of the bag until we get a feel for how people are reacting..." I nod my head. "Yeah, I think that just might work. And we clink champagne glasses (filled with lemonade).

"Okay, so what song should we sing?" Dalton looks at me with his shining blue-green eyes as sparkling as the sea. "Hmmmm well I really liked the song you showed me the other day... 'Would You Like That'." Dalton blushed. "Well, to be honest with you, Hayley, I only showed that song to you because I wrote it for you. I'm not sure if it's the right vibe for a cruise ship. It's meant to be, passionate, and desperately... In love."

I nearly choke on my mouthful of pasta. What the heck? "Love? Is that what you said?!?" Dalton looks down to the floor and shyly brings his gaze back up to me. "Well... Yeah. I mean, I'm sorry if it's too fast, but I just..." I immediately walk around to his side of the table, and kiss him. Passionately, stronger than ever before. He pulls me closer... His lips taste like marinara sauce but neither of us care. He pulls away after an eternal moment. "Geez Hayley, we're in a restaurant, people are trying to eat." I pretend-slap him and go back to my chair. Leave it to Salty Dalty to ruin a perfectly special moment with his sass.