So what are you gonna do when the world don't orbit around you

Dalton's POV:

I get off of the stage to find Will in an absolute daze. "Hey Will, what's up? Are you in there? Hello..." I jokingly tap on his forehead as if it were empty. Heck, sometimes, I wonder if it really is. "Oh, hey Dalton. I ummm, I gotta talk to Hayley..." I smile. "Oh cool!!! I know how much you fan-girl over her..." Will rolls his eyes. "I do NOT fan girl... If anything, I am a very well-versed Paramore enthusiast who knows all their songs, and everything about them. No biggie. Don't tell the other guys but... Hayley is my favorite..." "Oh believe me, I bet everyone on this ship knows that..."

I look out at Paramore on stage, and I'm starting to see why Will likes them so much. He used to mention them all the time, but to be honest, I couldn't have cared less, so I tuned him out, and never really mentioned them to me again. Until now, that is. I'm glad I remembered how much he likes them and thought to bring him along. Although, I've never actually seen the fangirl side of Will, so I'll admit, this is a purely educational endeavor involving observations of the native Behlendorf in its natural habitat with its celebrity obsession easily accessible to him. And then it occurred to me, like a wall of big old boring bricks: Will might be attracted to Hayley. I thought at first it was just him being a crazy fan, but the dude bought her flowers. I know because I saw them on the table over there and read the attached tag which said in Will's customary silver metallic gel-pen ink:

Hayley,
It has been an honor to get to meet you. Let me know if you ever want to grab dinner or something ;)
LOVE, Will Jay Behlendorf

And it was starting to bother me... A lot. But the craziest thing was, I didn't know why. I mean, I just met her today. But she seems so cool, and talented, and doesn't seem to think my sass is rude or something. I can't tell you how many girls have thought Ol' Salty crossed the line from sassy to just plain rude. And that's probably more than likely true, but I wish they'd just go with it instead of telling me to be nicer. Ain't nobody got time for that!

"Hey Will, what were the flowers for?" I turned to Will, but he was too caught up in Paramore's performance of "Ignorance" to actually notice me. "Will?" I snap my fingers to get his attention. "Hmm? Oh, well I'm trying to be the most memorable fan I can so that... maybe we can stay in touch? I don't know, I just... I'm a HUGE fan, Dalton."

I nod my head, a knot growing rapidly in my stomach. "Okay. But... what if someone else was starting to maybe... Kind of think of her a lot? That's different though, right?" Will's broad smile quickly deflated into a concerned frown. "Oh Dalton, you don't mean..." I look around to make sure that nobody working with the band can hear us. "Honestly Will, I don't know anymore. I really might." I look at Will hoping that he was just going to shrug his shoulders and grin at me. Instead, he scratches the back of his neck and looks away.

Hayley's POV (see above for video of "Renegade"):

The crowd is amazing! I've been a part of Paramore for almost twelve years now, but it just never gets old. Between the fresh sea air and the undulating rhythm of the water, I'm energized and loving life. I'm lucky that I'm the kind that loves the water and can stomach the motion. A lot of my friends get nauseous and have to take barely-effective anti-seasickness pills.

"Alright! This is our last song for today, so sing it with me and give it all you've got. I WANT TO HEAR YOU SCREAM, PARAHOY!" And as the crowd obeys my command, the band launches into our final tune for the day: "Renegade".

The song ends as the crowd erupts, and we all wave goodbye until the next show tomorrow. The main deck is abuzz with all the excitement until the dinner buffet is announced to be open, per usual. The only thing these people love as much as live music is unlimited food. And I have to agree with them.

I'm putting the equipment away for now when a certain bleach-blonde head of hair catches my eye from across the room. "Hey Dalton!" I smile at him and wave. His face immediately lights up, but then dims. Well that's a little strange. I try to hug him but he sorta ends up shaking my hand. Okayyyy then. "Well, see you later... I better, go grab some dinner before it's all gone..." I smile politely and nod my head, even though his excuse is quite sub-par. Cruise ships always have enough food on them to feed an army, because they kind of have to. Will follows behind him, but not before winking at me while Dalton's head is turned. Something's definitely up.

"Hayley, are you okay? You look kind of upset..." Taylor has his hand poised on my shoulder in that brotherly way he always does. "Oh um, yeah, I think so. It's just..." His ears perk up waiting for a good ol' heart-to-heart. "Nothing. I'm fine. Really." But he doesn't get one. "Really. Because you know you can tell me anything... you're my sis." I nod my head slowly and force a goofy grin. I just hope he buys it. To my relief, Taylor rubs my arm and smiles. "Okay good. I'm gonna go shower, and then Zac said he made reservations for us in a secluded dining room at the restaurant. Meet you there in 30?" I smile. Gosh I'm a terrible liar. "Yep, see you then."

Ain't It SALTYOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara