Ain't it fun

DEPARTURE

Dalton's POV:

I can't believe Parahoy is over... these five days flew by! And I had no idea how close I would be to Hayley at the end of it all. It's honestly kind of crazy. Dean wasn't too happy with my little stunt at first, but after he saw the positive outpouring of support from the fans, I think he loosened up a little about it. Honestly, it just kind of happened. I wasn't planning on kissing her like that in front of everyone, but I did. And I'm glad it happened. Now, I'm pretty sad because I don't know when I'll get to see Hayley again. She lives in Los Angeles and Tennessee, but both those places are fairly distant from Texas. So we'll see, I'm not totally sure how we'll work it out.

"Bye Dalton. I, I guess I'll call you..." I nod my head. "Yeah, I mean please do. It would be really nice to see you. I hope we can make it work, even with the distance." Hayley nods her head, a tear sliding down her cheek. "I meant what I said, you know, back there on the stage." I smile, warmth filling my chest. "I know you did. And I love you too!" I can hear her starting to quietly sob. "Hey, it's okay... I'll see you, I promise." I kiss her forehead, and then let her go.

And then I kiss her, once more, before we exit the cruise ship, get on a plane, and go our separate ways. Not knowing when I'll see her again is the worst, but after double and triple checking that I have her contact info saved into my phone, I breathe a sigh of relief, and wave goodbye.

"So is that it, Dalton? You said goodbye, huh?" I turn to my left to see Will with his luggage standing next to me. "Yep, I just said goodbye." I'm still entranced by her neon yellow hair, trying not to cry as she walks away. "Well it sure was cool to meet her, I'm still such a big fan, even though she kinda pushed me away." I smirk at Will's naive comment. "Well dude, I mean, you were kinda creepy about it, with the stalker gifts and whatnot." Will shrugs his shoulders. "Yeah. Maybe."

All I know is, I met Hayley Williams of Paramore. I wasn't a fan before now, but I definitely am now. And being her boyfriend is even better.

Ain't it fun.