27th Incident: Contents 文書

Note: It must have been tough to bear the last chapter's cliffhanger, isn't it? So this chapter will reveal all the contents of the file case. I would like you to focus on this chapter as the information that will be revealed will be complex. Thus, I need your full concentration. If you need to browse back to earlier chapters, please do so. Also, this chapter is longer than my usual word count per chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment! Both means a lot to me as they are boosting my inspiration gauge! Will post the next update if this chapter gets 500 votes and 200 comments.  (Silly excuse to feed my laziness again. lol)  This is it! The moment we've been waiting for.

And now, let's proceed to chapter 27...

Mahigpit ang pagkakahawak ko sa file case na wala ng laman. Lahat ng gusto kong malaman, nakakalat na sa sahig.

Inisa isa kong dinampot ang mga pictures, ang torn articles, pati ang kopya ng unang print nito. May listahan rin akong nakita pero pahapyaw ko lang na nabasa. Sa dami ng gusto kong noong malamang kasagutan ay nandito na ngayon sa harapan ko ay hindi ko na alam kung anong uunahin sa mga ito. Pero bago ang lahat, I need my mom to explain why she have the plastic file case. Kaya inipon ko lahat ng contents ng plastic file case, ibinalik ito sa lalagyanan at isinara.

"Mama... W-why do you have the plastic file case?" tanong ko sa kanya na may mababang boses at hindi ko alam kung cold ang tono ko.

"I did it to protect you, my son."

"That is a selfish answer! We have been looking at this for a long time. A lot of people have died in finding this plastic file case! Mama! Answer me!"

"I'm sorry..."

"Mrs. Kobayashi, how did you get the file case?" Rio asked.

"I was in the same station where Yuya collapsed." Panimula ni mama.

Nakita ko siyang nakahiga at walang malay sa platform ng train station. At first, I wanted to call for help but I saw the file case and I got curious. When I checked it. I found out all the contents of the file case. This will surely ruin you, my son. So I did my part as your mother. I had to protect you.

Protect me? I can't understand....

"So, I had to hide the plastic file case. I also had to appear late." Paliwanag ni mama. "When I saw Yamamura, I knew he is part of the thirteen people who are cursed. So, that's when I've decided not to give you the plastic file case. But now that you found out, I don't know how can I help you now..."

"Just tell us the truth. Please cooperate." Sagot ko. "Tell us what you know. This is not about you or me anymore. The cursed people deserves to be saved too."

"So that's why Yamamura is probably attracted to you, Mrs. Kobayashi. He can feel the presence of her daughter with you." Rio analyzed.

"Bakit ka ginugulo ni Hinako? Cursed ka rin ba?"

Mom did not respond. I hate it.

Kaya ginawa ko na ang nararapat kong gawin. Binuksan ko ang file case. Nasa living room kami ngayon at inilapag ko sa mesa ang lahat. Ang photos, lists at ang article mula sa Shibuya Today Newspaper.

Una kong binasa ang torn article at ang karugtong nito:

The Shibuya Today Newspaper. January 28, 2011.

The 23:57 Incident.

SHIBUYA TOKYO. Thirteen people committed suicide at exactly 23:57 yesterday, January 27, 2011. The exact time for the last train ride of the station in Hanzomon Line Platform. The thirteen people were seen standing side by side and jumped all at the same time as the last train was approaching to Shibuya Station. These people were last seen suddenly laughing together while wearing their surgical masks before committing a group suicide. They were wearing surgical masks with a drawing of a smiling mouth drawn in red ink. It was later revealed that these people were in a religious group and decided to commit a group suicide to end their suffering altogether. However there is one thing that was discovered during the—