Chapter Five

I have no school today!! So what better thing to do than to upload for my amazing readers?:)

PLEASE comment, vote, and fan!!!!:)

-LIz

Chapter Five- Rachel Paige

He hated me. I was quite sure. Tristan hated me because I wasn’t wealthy. You could see the look of disgust on his face when he saw where I was living. You could see the pity in his eyes when I got a cup of water. I hated pity. Pity doesn’t help anything. All pity does is make you feel worse than you already do. I sighed looking around my apartment. Well it wasn’t nice. Quite the opposite really, but it wasn’t bad, it was still a roof over my head. I bounced Claire up and down on my hip wondering what I was supposed to do with a kid. Sure I babysat when I was a teen, I hadn’t touched a child since then.

I had already told George I was coming for lunch after church, considering I had left church early, I figured George would understand. I quickly grabbed a sweatshirt and threw it over my small body, I grabbed Claire’s diaper bag, her, and my keys before heading down to my truck. Thankfully Tristan had left the car seat when he dropped her off. I quickly buckled her in and we were off heading to George’s house. 

~*~

I would pay a hundred bucks if I had a picture of George’s face when he opened the door. George stood there frozen in place, standing in the doorway, balancing Claire on my hip I asked him if I could come in. George just nodded barely moving out of the way so we could pass. 

“You have a kid?” George asked confused. I shook my head no. George muttered ‘good’ before heading to the kitchen and getting me a cup of coffee.

“You’re early. I thought church got out at noon.” 

“I left early so Tristan could drop Claire off; I’m watching her until noon.” George nodded understanding. He handed me a cup of coffee and took Claire from my hip placing her in his own hip.

“How did that go?” I groaned. 

“It was terrible! He looked appalled when he saw my apartment. And he even had a friend with him and you know what he said! He said ‘Well it sure is a dump in here’” I said mimicking Bryce. “Tristan totally hates me! I doubt he will talk to me again now that he knows where I live!” George just nodded and added a mhmm when it was needed. “And he saw me in a tank top! He looked appalled! I bet he thinks I have some eating disorder now! He hates me. He hates me George. He really hates me.” I finished, a tear falling from my eyes. George got up and wiped my tears away with his thumb. 

“He doesn’t hate you. Tristan is just used to his life of luxury being the famous football player he is. He isn’t used to having to work for things like you. You are a great person and you are a beautiful young lady. And that Bryce kid, he’s stupid.” George said giving me a hug. I laughed a little when he called Bryce stupid. 

George, Claire, and I spent most of the time playing in the living room and watching Thomas the train. I glanced down at my five dollar watch from target, realizing it was time to go I started gathering everything up. I gave George a quick hug goodbye as me and Claire started heading home. 

When we arrived at my apartment complex I noticed Tristan’s sports car in the parking lot. I quickly climbed the stairs with Claire in my arms. When I reached my apartment my door was knocked completely down. I gasped, pulling out my phone I took hesitant steps into the apartment, ready to call 911 at any moment. I hugged Claire tighter to me as we rounded the corner. 

“What the heck did you do!” I shouted at Tristan seeing him sitting down on my couch about to call someone. Tristan’s head shot up seeing me and Claire he ran to me and took Claire hugging her tight.