Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-four- Tristan Kane

I hugged Rachel as if my life depended on it. It seemed like everything in my life was falling apart and she was the only solid thing. After man-ing up I let go of Rachel and invited her in. We went and laid on the couch and snuggled up to eachother while watching Finding Nemo, Claire's favorite. We ate Ben and Jerry's, we smiled and laughed, we forgot all about our problems and just focused on the here and now. We didn't worry about not getting Claire back. We didn't worry about tomorrow. We enjoyed the moment.

As the movie was ending and all the ice cream tubs were empty Rachel had fallen asleep on my chest and was snoring lightly. I smiled before gently moving her head onto a pillow before standing up and cleaning up the tubs. Once all the tubs were cleaned up and I was about to wake Rachel, her dinosaur of a phone went off. Rachel shot awake fumbling around searching for her phone. Once she found it she quickly answered it.

"Hello?" Rachel answered. I couldn't here the other side of the conversation but I knew whoever it was must have been giving her good news to make her smile like that. After Rachel hung up she jumped up and gave me a hug.

"Guess what!" she yelled jumping up and down. I couldn't help but smile at her childish behaviour.

"What?"

"I have a meeting with the adoption agency tomorrow!" Rachel screamed while jumping up and down.

"Your adopting a kid?" I asked shocked. Rachel smiled before answering.

"Yup." She said with a mischevious smile.