Chapter Eight

hey guys! here is chapter eight! i hope you all enjoy it. it is a little shorter than usual:/ so sorry about that! but please comment, fan, and vote! oh! i'm also thinking about entering this in for watty awards 2012 just for fun! i dont expect to win but i think it would still be fun. so please vote!:) also i got good news! thanks to all of you i made it on Romance and the non-teen fiction!

Romance: #673

Non-teen fiction: #83

so thats pretty exciting to me! i actually screamed out loud haha:) anyways read on!:)

-Liz

Chapter Eight- Tristan Kane

After I got of the phone with Rachel I couldn’t help my self. I galloped and leaped all across the room with Claire in my arms. We spun in circles for a while until, mid-spin, I realized I looked pretty gay. I stopped abruptly before setting Claire down and heading to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Bud Light trying to restore my manhood.  As I was treating myself to my drink my apartment doorbell rang. I picked Claire up bouncing her gently on my hip and went to answer the door, wondering who it could be at this time. 

“Hello my name is Mrs. Mackenzie.” The posh woman greeted me thrusting her hand forward. 

“Uh, hello.” I said grasping her hand and shaking it. I had no idea who this woman was. Probably a fan, yeah that had to be it. 

“Are you going to let me in?” the woman asked impatiently. 

“nope.” I said in a smart voice. This could be considered rude but there was no way I was letting a stranger into my house with my little girl sleeping in the next room.

“And why would that be?” Mrs. Mackenzie asked quizzically.

“Well, considering I don’t know you, and the fact that my baby girl is sleeping in the next room…. Hmmm well, have you ever heard of stranger danger?” I asked sarcastically. I expected the woman to be upset. To yell at me for being rude, instead she did the opposite. She laughed. And not a giggle kind of thing, no a big boisterous laugh.

“Good job Mr. Kane! You passed phase one!” the woman said smiling trying to hold back some chuckles. I stared at her with a dumbfounded expression. 

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” I stated blatantly. 

“Yes, yes. Let me explain that. So you see I am Claire’s social worker. I will be occasionally stopping by uninvited to check up on Claire and how she is adjusting to the situation and to see if you are fit to be a legal guardian.” Mrs. Mackenzie explained. 

“Ahh I see…” 

The visit with Mrs. Mackenzie was cut short when she received a phone call about some emergency. She quickly excused herself and that was that. After she left Claire woke up. I went and changed her, fed her, burped her, and dressed her. After that Bryce came over and hung out for a while. He watched Claire while I hopped in the shower and shaved.  After I was all cleaned Bryce, Claire and I all decided to lounge around and watch a movie.

“How about Saw?” Bryce asked holding up the film. I quickly covered Claire’s eyes so she didn’t see the scary cover. 

“Are you crazy? Claire will get nightmares!” Bryce muttered something about over protective daddy. I sighed and Bryce continued going through my movies. After rejecting Saw, the Sixth Sense, Jurassic Park, and many others I finally got up and picked out Finding Nemo. I put the movie in and went back to sit on the couch. Claire crawled into my lap and I started stroking her soft blonde hair. Claire would giggle every so often making my heart clench at the beautiful noise. Not even half way through the movie Claire started crying at the top of her little lungs. I jumped up and started rocking her back and forth, she kept crying. I continued to try everything to get  her to be quiet. I fed her, changed her, burped her, and even gave her one of those silly toys you stick in the freezer for when they’re teething! Nothing worked! Finally I quickly handed Claire over to Bryce before taking off my shirt and taking Claire back. Claire rested her head above my heart and listened to it beating, quieting down. 

“Why the hell did you just rip your shirt off?” Bryce asked looking appalled. I didn’t understand why he would be so appalled. I mean, I’m hot! I got a lovely eight pack that I knew some people loved seeing! 

“It calms her down to listen to my heart beat.” I explained. Bryce nodded before going back to watching Finding Nemo. When the movie reached the parts where it introduced the mean shark, Bruce, Claire started to get a little scared and started whimpering. I quickly pulled her closer and started cooing in her ear while stroking her hair. Claire quickly quieted down. Halfway through the movie Claire was sleeping once again. soon the movie finished and Bryce and I decided to play COD on the Xbox. I was smoking Bryce! After a little while Claire had woken up and was hungry. I fed her once again and burped her too. Scout was wandering about the house wagging her tail scratching at the front door.

“Bryce! Will you please take the dog out!” I yelled out. 

“You do it!” he called back. I sighed before yelling back.

“Do you wanna change Claire’s diaper?” there was no answer. I soon heard the front door being opened and footsteps walking out. I chuckled to myself before taking Claire to the nursery and changing her stinky diaper.