Chapter Twenty-Three

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE- RACHEL PAIGE

"I want this done as soon as possible! Do you understand?" I fiercely asked the lawyer sitting across from me.

"Of course Miss Paige." the lawyer responded. "I will have the paper work drawn up immediately and this will all be over soon. There is no doubt we will fail, especially with the circumstances." I sighed. Thank goodness, I honestly didn't know how much more I could take.

Ever since the court date when Tristan lost custody of Claire he has changed. He's like a walking robot. He won't talk to me at all. Doesn't respond to my texts, doesn't answer my calls. I had to call Bryce to find out how Tristan was doing. Apparently Tristan won't even talk to anyone except for the coach at practice. His skills are quickly deteriorating and if he keeps playing like this I don't know what team will ever want him. There has also been a rumor going around that Tris has started taking ant-depressents. All in all, Tristan was not taking this well. He needed his baby girl back. And I was fed up with his attitude.

I understand that what he is going through is difficult and I know he is hurting, but when you are hurting you can't push people away, it will only hurt you more. So today I was ending this nonsense.

After my meeting with my new lawyer (turns out when you have money you can get the best of pretty much anything, including lawyers who happily speed things up for you) I got in my car and headed to the nearest Safeway store. After making a quick trip and checking out I went to starbucks and picked up both a drink for Tristan and I along with a cake pop. Everyone knows cake pops make everything better. After finishing my errands I drove over to Tristan's apartment.

After I knocked on his door a couple times a horrible looking Tristan opened it. Tristan was dressed in sweats and a sweatshirt. He hadn't showered or shaved. There were deep purple bags under his eyes and he look out right miserable. I quickly gave him a hug. Tristan forcefully hugged back and burried his head in my shoulder, the next thing I knew I felt warm drops of water falling on to my shoulder, seeping through my purple shirt.

"It's going to be okay Tristan. I promise." Tristan nodded his head before giving me a last squeeze and letting go.

*yeah it's short and boring. It's almost ten o'clock and i was up at two so it was the best i could do. please comment and vote. Also i will try and upload before i go on vacation but i don't think i will be able to. I leave friday and i will be out of the counrty.