Chapter Sixteen

sorry it's so late!!! this is not edited!!

Chapter Sixteen- Rachel Paige

I was putting Claire to bed when Tristan came in and leaned against the doorframe. I turned my head to look at him with a questioning gaze. He just smiled and looked on lovingly. What had gotten in to Tristan? Ever since a couple days ago Tristan has been acting differently. He has been happy. Truly genuinely happy. Yeah Tristan was happy before but now whenever he mentioned Claire he beamed! It was starting to weird me out.

After putting Claire to bed I walked out of  the room and past Tristan. Tristan caught my hand and pulled me in to a tight hug.

“Your beautiful! Do you know that Rachel? Do you know how beautiful you are?” Tristan asked as he buried his head in my hair. I blushed bright red. I gently pulled away from Tristan.

“Are you alright?” I asked putting my hand against his head trying to see if he had a temperature. 

“I'm fine. Actually I’m more than fine!” Tristan said smiling. “Lets go out tonight! You and me!”

“What about Claire?” I asked. 

“I’ll ask Mrs. Hadley if she will watch her! I’m sure she will! I’ll call now!” Tristan said running off to the phone. What on earth had gotten in to him?

~*~

“Hey I’m Nelly! Nice to meet you!” a bubbly girl said shaking my hand. Nelly was beautiful. She had long brown wavy hair that fell to her waist, her skin was clear and looked smooth, she was thin and tall. Nelly was wearing a pair of dark skinny jeans with a dark purple flowing top, she wore black boots, and to top it off she wore a silver necklace that had a couple keys on it and a silver bracelet. 

“Hi nice to meet you Nelly. My name is Rachel.” I said with a smile. After Mrs. Hadley agreed to watch Claire, Tristan called up his friend Bryce and Nelly and asked them if they wanted to go bowling. They agreed and here we are.

 Tristan and Bryce had gone up to the desk to get the shoes and pay while Nelly and I started putting the names onto the television screen. The boys had wanted to play boys vs. girls so that’s what we did. 

“Beat that!” Nelly yelled at the top of her lungs receiving some strange looks from others nearby. Nelly waved her hand sheepishly before sitting back in her seat blushing profusely. 

“Whatever.” Tristan mumbled. I shoved him playfully. 

“Your just jealous that were beating you!” I said with a goofy smile. Tristan pinched my cheek, I slapped his hand away and pouted. 

“Aw come on baby don’t pout.” Tristan said laying his head on my shoulder. I smiled before shaking his head off my shoulder suddenly embarrassed. 

Tristan did things to me that I couldn’t understand. When he would smile at me he made me feel important and loved. When he called me baby I couldn’t help but melt. When he held me close I savored the feeling. Tristan made me feel things I had never felt before and I was scared to death  

“You okay sweetie?” Tristan asked pulling me close to him. I looked up at his beautiful face and smiled. 

“Yeah I’m good.” Tristan smiled.

“Are you having fun?” I smiled and nodded my head ‘yes’. Truthfully this is the most fun I’ve had in a long time. 

Tristan, Bryce, Nelly, and I bowled for a while longer before finally turning in our shoes. We all decided to go to a local ice cream shop and get some ice cream. The ice  cream shop wasn’t far from the bowling alley so we decided to walk. As we walked outside the cold night air quickly surrounded us leaving me shivering. Tristan tucked me into his side and ran his hand up and down my arm trying to keep me warm. We walked for a couple minutes before arriving at the quaint little shop. As soon as we walked into the shop the smell of fresh waffle cones assaulted my nose. I inhaled deeply enjoying the scent. The shop was decorated as a older shop. The booths were bright red, the tile was black and white checkered and there was even a juke box playing in the corner. I loved it. 

We walked up to the counter to order, I ordered a one scoop cone of cookies and cream ice cream. As I was pulling out my wallet from my purse to pay Tristan gently pushed my hand back as he paid for me. I smiled at him and said thank you. As Nelly and Bryce ordered Tristan and I went to find a booth. 

That night I had more fun than I had ever had. I soon found that Nelly was a wonderful person. We quickly became friends and got along great. Nelly and I talked about a ton of things. She told me about growing up in a family of seven, she told about her job as a veterinarian, and she also told me about how Bryce and her had met. Tristan and Bryce also seemed to be having a great time. They talked mostly about their football season and how they hoped to play. Tristan and Bryce also invited Nelly and I to their first game. We quickly accepted. 

“Thank you for tonight.” I said to Tristan as he drove me home. Tris looked over at me and smiled. 

“Your welcome. I’m glad you had fun.” As Tristan drove me back to George’s house we were both silent. The only noise was the music playing in the background. Half way there Tristan leaned over and held my hand gently. His thumb rubbed small circles on the back of my hand, I was content. When Tristan pulled up into the drive way I unbuckled and started to get out. Tristan’s grip tightened. I looked back at him questioningly. Tristan gently pulled me to him and gave the back of my hand a kiss. He then let go, I started to walk to the front door only to glance back when I was at the front door. Tristan smiled at me and gave me a small wave before he drove off. I smiled like a love struck teen before gently pushing the door open and walking into the house smiling like an idiot.