Chapter Twenty- Seven

I know it's short please don't kill me!!!!!!

chapter twenty seven-Rachel Paige

It had been a week since I had last seen Tristan. The adoption had gone along quite smoothly and Claire was now my legal daughter. I felt bad for betraying Tristan but when I talked to my lawyer this was the only way he could get her back, of course he could appeal but my lawyer didn't think the judge would rule in his favor. All I was trying to do was help.

"Momma!" Claire said to me as she sat on the ground reaching her hands up wanting to be lifted up. I sighed and picked her up, she was my baby now and I loved her so much. She was perfect. I began making scrambled eggs with Claire still on my hip. I was scrambling the eggs when the doorbell rang. I looked down at my watch not expecting anyone here and certainly not this early in the morning. I shrugged before stepping away from the stove and going to answer the door. I swayed my hips a little while walking trying to rock Claire back and forth because I knew she liked it. When I opened the door I was definatly not expecting what I saw.

There on one knee was the famous Tristan Kane holding the most beautiful diamond ring I had ever seen in my life.

"I-" I started to say before Tristan cut me off.

"No Rachel, I know I treated you terrible when all you wanted to do was help. I know i've done things to you and I know I messed up big the other night but I just want you to know that I love you. I love you so much. I love the way you scrunch up your nose when you smell something you don't like. I love how you are so strong despite everything you have gone through. I love the fact that you still smile even when your hurting. I love how you push your pain aside so you can comfort others. I love every thing about you and I would be honored if you would stay by my side the rest of my life and let me love you and care for you and provide for you. So Rachel Maire Paige will you please do the honor of marrying me and spening the rest of your life with me?" I didn't know how to respond. I slowly set Claire down letting her run off down the hall and fully stepped onto the porch with Tristan. Slowly kneeling so I was his height I took the ring from his hands and set it on the ground beside us. I took both his hands and pulled him close kissing him softly before whipsering a small yes in his ear.