Chapter Nine

shoutout to Dani! Sorry for spilling your noodles everywhwere at lunch! and also this is dedicated to a new fan!! wooohoo! oh and i put Sam Claflin as Tristan, because, well, to put it bluntly sam is hot!:)

please comment, fan and vote!!!:) please please vote! i'm thinking about entering it in for the watty awards 2012. i dont expect to win or anything but i'd like to see how far i could get!:) oh and this is in Bryce's point of view! jsut a heads up!

-Liz

Chapter Nine-Bryce Winston

I grabbed Scout’s leash and hurriedly took the dog down the apartment stairs and outside, grumbling to myself the whole way. I don’t see why Tristan couldn’t take his own stupid dog out. I was still grumbling to myself when I heard a loud commotion in one of the back alleys. Me, being one of the nosiest people you will ever meet, went to go check it out. As I cautiously made my way to the alley way I heard a woman’s voice.

“Whoa now, okay. Well, um…Please leave me alone!” the woman shouted. I quickly jumped around the corner with my hands poised in a ninja position. I saw the most beautiful girl to ever grace the face of the planet. She was tall and skinny, with curly dark blown hair that fell to  her mid back. Her skin was soft ivory and I couldn’t wait to feel it for myself. But what really got my attention was the man mugging her. 

Since the man had yet to see me, I quickly sneaked around the side of the alley and behind the man. I will now have the element of surprise! The beautiful girl saw me once I stood behind her mugger as she opened her mouth to speak I put up one finger to my lips and nodded my head ‘no’. the girl seemed to understand and quickly clamped her mouth shut. She really had a beautiful mouth…focus! I really had no idea what I was suppose to do. I mean I didn’t really get into fights all that often. So what did I do? I ninja chopped the guy in his neck. He fell to the ground writhing in pain. I quickly kicked away the gun and called 911. 

A while after the cops left I made my way over to the beautiful woman. She was sitting on the edge of the curb drinking a Starbucks coffee texting on her phone. As I approached her she caught my eye and looked up at me. 

“Hey, my name is Bryce.” I said nervously. The young lady chuckled before grasping my hand and shaking it wildly.

“Yeah, I already know who you are. I watch every one of your games. Though, I do have to say I have a couple suggestions for one of your plays…” She knew football.  She was perfect. 

“Will you  marry me?” I asked jokingly while keeping a straight face.

“Of course! But only if a get a unlimited credit card.” She joked back. We both laughed. After a couple minutes I took a seat next to her on the curb. 

“My name is Nelly by the way.” She said breaking the silence. Nelly and I talked for a little while. She was a fun girl who loved to “party hardy” as she said, but she also said she was joking. Nelly made me laugh numerous times, she was a really cool girl to be with. After about twenty minutes I asked her if she would like to come meet Tristan. Nelly agreed so I grabbed her petite hand and pulled her up. We then made our way up to Tristan’s apartment. 

“There you are! I thought you ran off with my dog!” Tristan shouted at me as I walked into his apartment, My guess he was in the kitchen feeding Claire. As soon as he mentioned the dog however, I froze. I lost the dog. Dang it. I approached the kitchen carefully as if I was walking on egg shells, after all I did lose his dog. 

“Yeah. Funny story about that…” I trailed off running my hands through my hair. 

“Please tell me you did not lose my dog again.” Tristan said irritated. I noticed how he said again. I guess this is like my third time losing his dog, he usually had to call the pound looking for his dog, the workers at the pound now knew him by name and Tristan had them on speed dial. 

“Maybe…” I trailed off.

“Oh my gosh!” Nelly screamed. Tristan and I both snapped our heads to her wondering if something was wrong.

“It’s a baby! Oh my gosh I love babies so much. I use to babysit all the time before I moved away. I was the most sought after babysitter in my town. Oh, and I had this bag that was like huge, I called it my ‘Mary Poppin’s bag’ you know like the movie! And I always took the kids to…” Nelly trailed off at the sight of Claire. 

“Who’s she?” Tristan mouthed to me. I shook my head and mouthed ‘later’. 

Once Nelly was done with her rant Tristan picked up Claire, I grabbed Nelly’s hand and we all headed to the family room. We hung out and talked for a while. It was really nice. It was really nice to be able to hang out with a girl who wasn’t just trying to get close of me because of my fame or my money. A little bit after nine Claire started yawning and Tristan jumped into ‘overprotective daddy’ mode. That was my cue to leave. Nelly and I said goodbye before heading out of Tristan’s apartment and heading to our cars. Once I walked Nelly to her car I realized I didn’t want to leave. 

“So, uh, well…I was wondering…” I trailed off, unsure of how to ask this beautiful woman out.

“Yeah sure! I’d love to! Pick me up at six!” Nelly said. 

“H-how did yo-you know what I w-was trying to say?” I asked stuttering out of my nervousness. Nelly leaned forward pinching my cheeks.

“Aw, aren’t you just the cutest thing!” I chuckled nervously. 

“So, uh, seven o’clock Saturday?” I asked unsure of myself. My confidence rapidly decreasing.

“No.”

“No?” 

“No.” she re-stated. What? I thought she said yes?

“Ahaha! Your so silly Bryce! I won’t go with you on Saturday! Saturday is to far away! But I would be happy to go out with you tomorrow? How does that sound?” she asked pinching my cheeks harder making me wince. 

“Yeah, okay. Tomorrow is good. How ‘bout I pick you up? Where do you live?” Nelly gave me her address, handing it to me with a slight smile. 

“Bye Bryce!” Nelly called while getting in her car. I waited until the door was closed, she was buckled up, and about to pull out. Before Nelly pulled out she rolled down her window motioning for me to come to her with her pointer finger. I obeyed. I leaned down by her now opened window and waited for her to speak. Instead, she grabbed my head and yanked it down. She planted a small kiss on my cheek before rolling up the window, sending me a slight wave, and driving away. Leaving me standing there in the parking lot stunned.